2008 Specialized Langsters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
'singlespeed cross bike' Is there going to be lots of demand for that? :?:

You got to give it to Spesh they can do some right nice bikes, heck I got a 2007 Roubaix so I know that.

Thank goodness they did the Langster in white this year last years brown was a bit off don't think they sold much of emm a right brown pants (no pun)experience must have been going on at Spesh over that one :thumbsup:

peejay78

i think the new spazz langsters are a horrible, woeful exercise in specious marketing.

increasingly i seem to be alone in this.

style over substance, the perfect bike for a media-mulleted ad-whore living in shoreditch, or possibly a foxtons estate agent, to place next to their grafitti-clad mini.

Squaggles

Maybe so but it's a bike and if it gets media-mulleted ad-whores living in shoreditch and foxtons estate agents riding bikes then thats fine by me .

peejay78

i'd rather they were crushed under the wheels of one of their own minis, whilst on the way to a bijou apartment in london's fashionable east end.

Christopher

Über Member
Surely our trendy metro chums have the fixie as an accessory in the Shoreditch loft i.e. they don't actually ride it?

Noodley

I saw the white "god save the queen langster today - it is awful. :blush::biggrin:!

I saw it in the window when I drove past and thought "that looks a bit of alright"...it did look alright from 20 yards but "in the flesh" it looked awful, chavtastic it was :rolleyes:

gkerr4

I just ordered an 07 Langster in 'rust' - which I kinda like the look of.

there are a handful of websites offering the 07 models for £350ish now - a reduction from the £400rrp - but when you call the shop they don't actually have any stock left. They are apparently selling very well - which explains why a lot of shops simply arent discounting the 07 model even though the 08's are available.

Finally ordered it from cyclesurgery in London for £349 - should arrive on Friday with a bit of luck.

I was tempted with the london model at full rrp, but would have worked out a bit more by the time I changed those ridiculous handlebars for something decent.- I wasn't fussed on the new 08 std green paintjob. I actually like the rust colour.

unlike peejay, I think the langsters are a good idea. A 'reasonabley' priced, out of the box fixed is a decent idea and this will be my first foray into the world of singlespeed / fixed gear.

can't wait to get in on friday!!

Top Bottom