2009 Boardman Team Headset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ska1903

Über Member
Hi All,

I have recently inherited a 2009 Boardman Team aluminium (http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/bikes/road/product/review-boardman-road-team-10-38232/) for free and after giving it a once over the headset was in need of a clean and regrease. Encountered a problem though, when I dropped the fork some of the ball bearings fell out and as expected vanished into the ether!!

So.... Now I am looking for a replacement headset for the bike and not having much luck finding anything :sad:

Can anyone help in finding the headset or even just the lower bearings as the top appear fine.

Thanks. ^_^

Tim Hall

If they're loose ball bearings, take a survivor along to your local bearing supplier (Dundee Bearings for example) and buy replacements for a few pennies.

Stevec047

Über Member
Seconded Tims post. Google search bearing companies in your area and take one into show them. Chances are like me they will just end up giving you a small zip bag full of them for very little or no cost at all.

I suggest replacing them all as the current ones may have a small amount of wear on them and sit lower in the housing than new ones. Pack them well with grease and you should be good to go.

OP
OP
ska1903

ska1903

Über Member
Thanks both ^_^

I hadn't even thought of just replacing the ball bearings, think I got stuck in replacing the whole lot.

Will check out Dundee Bearing today and hopefully they can sort me out.

Top Bottom