England : Hertfordshire 200KM ride into Oxfordshire 30th March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm almost certainly out now. Gout is still bad in my wrist today so even assuming I woke up tomorrow pain free (which is unlikely), putting my wrist under pressure on a bike for 100+ miles on Sunday wouldn't do it any favours.

The weather is looking great though so hope you have a fantastic ride. I will lie in my garden in the sunshine and think of you all.

I'm only good for 50 miles then my knees go so i'm out. Should be a great ride tho

Shame guys, predicted weather is getting better all the time.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
I have sad news. I'm not going to have the Colnago back in time for Sunday, so I'm out. Not going to attempt 200k on a hybrid, let alone a Brommie.
It's a shame because I was really looking forward to this one - my longest outing since Southwold last August, it is a fantastic route and the forecast weather will only enhance that. And I wanted 1500 miles on the clock by the end of March.
Mind you, if something changes, say tomorrow, I will update.

:sad::sad::sad:

OP
OP
jayonabike

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
I'm almost certainly out now. Gout is still bad in my wrist today so even assuming I woke up tomorrow pain free (which is unlikely), putting my wrist under pressure on a bike for 100+ miles on Sunday wouldn't do it any favours.

The weather is looking great though so hope you have a fantastic ride. I will lie in my garden in the sunshine and think of you all.

That's a shame, hope you feel better soon

I'm only good for 50 miles then my knees go so i'm out. Should be a great ride tho

Hope to see you up this way soon on a shorter ride

I have sad news. I'm not going to have the Colnago back in time for Sunday, so I'm out. Not going to attempt 200k on a hybrid, let alone a Brommie.
It's a shame because I was really looking forward to this one - my longest outing since Southwold last August, it is a fantastic route and the forecast weather will only enhance that. And I wanted 1500 miles on the clock by the end of March.
Mind you, if something changes, say tomorrow, I will update.

:sad::sad::sad:

That's a shame Charlie, it's also a shame we're not the same height as I would lend you one of my bikes. Hope you can make the next ride.

OP
OP
jayonabike

jayonabike