200mile ride attempt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
JasonHolder

JasonHolder

on youtube. learning to be a gent
Lol

Sniffer77

Fantastic effort . I did my first 26 miles yesterday and I was chuffed as I've only been cycling couple of weeks, but 200 makes me realise lots of work to do.awesome mate

OP
OP
JasonHolder

JasonHolder

Fantastic effort . I did my first 26 miles yesterday and I was chuffed as I've only been cycling couple of weeks, but 200 makes me realise lots of work to do.awesome mate
Thank you so much! Ive only been back riding for 5 weeks after a 7 year layoff. Good job on your ride too! Many people couldn't even imagine riding that far!! :smile:
[QUOTE 3087993, member: 9609"]That's impressive stuff -

Just done my first ever 100 miler on friday, now I read someone has just done 200 in the same time it took me for 100 (mind you my ascent was nearly double yours)

Anyway, great stuff and well done.[/QUOTE]
Congrats on the 100!! You have completed probably the most saught after accomplishment! 200 is rather NOT saught after lol whats your guys strava for a follow :smile:

OP
OP
JasonHolder

JasonHolder

[QUOTE 3088580, member: 9609"]200 mile is a massive distance, have you considered how far that actually is? it is a very very long way and you have just done it on a bike, so is a hundred and that is only half the distance, I recently took the train from lockerbie down to penrith and cycled back, that is only 50 mile, and as i sat on the train watching all the fields wizz past I kept thinking to myself, I have made some massive miscalculation I can't possibly do this on a bike.

just amazing how far its possible to travel on a bke.

As for my starva .... my phones a bit old for out like that. lol[/QUOTE]
I had a similar worry about misculculation when I went to pick bike up from Exeter, riding back with no pads, no shoes etc. Just a helmet and backpack all the way to GLOUCESTER!!! Lmao all turned out fine though, 4 hours on a windy train turned out to be 70 odd miles and survived.
I guess 200 miles is rather a lot. But so is 100. But I'm looking at a 300 miler already. For no reason at all. Got to try and stay focused.

It is truly amazing what people can do! I personally find it enchanting seeing people accomplish unimaginable goals. Everything is started with a first step ;)

Top Bottom