2010 Lejog

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Can non-Leedsians play?

Cathryn said:
Lucky Other Half going to the Olympics. What's he going to do? Compete????

Loving the team name as well.....getting tshirts done?

No he's in charge of the sound and lighting in one of the many corporate venues there. For t-shirts we're just wearing the pancreatic cancer UK ones but we'll be wearing our sock guy beaver socks (on the soles it says 'got wood?' Nice.)

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I think it might be something odd like Leodians...Leeds being Leodis in days gone by.

Just trying to think where might be nice. A good pub (with a wine list) where we can sit outside and look at our bikes.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Uncle Phil said:
Can non-Leedsians play?

:biggrin:

Oh, sorry, I read that as Lesbians!:angry:

I suggest a meet in Tadcaster - accessible for Leedsians (or whatever) and Yorkies, even out of condition Yorkies like me;). Also, there's a very nice tearoom, and a bike shop.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Cathryn said:
I think it might be something odd like Leodians...Leeds being Leodis in days gone by.

Just trying to think where might be nice. A good pub (with a wine list) where we can sit outside and look at our bikes.

Natives of Leeds are known as Loiners don't know why. Thankfully I originate from elsewhere :biggrin:

vernon said:
Natives of Leeds are known as Loiners don't know why. Thankfully I originate from elsewhere :biggrin:

Not Goole!? :ohmy:

vernon

Uncle Phil said:
Or Wetwang?!!

I'd like to have come the Land of Nod. The sign post stopped me in my tracks when I was on my way to Howden from Driffield on a 200km Audax. My first thought was that it was point to a theme park for bed enthusiasts.

Failing that, coming from Pity Me, Triangle and Twatt are preferable to my true origins as a Darlingtonian which in turn is preferable to being a Loiner.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Loiner...that was the phrase. Lovely, eh. Makes me glad to come from Salisbury, whatever they call then. Salisburgers?

Is there seriously a Land of Nod, or am I being a muppet?? I SO want a photo!

I'd like to have come from Wyre Piddle in the Cotwolds.

vernon

Cathryn said:
Loiner...that was the phrase. Lovely, eh. Makes me glad to come from Salisbury, whatever they call then. Salisburgers?

Is there seriously a Land of Nod, or am I being a muppet?? I SO want a photo!

I'd like to have come from Wyre Piddle in the Cotwolds.

There really is a Land of Nod. I didn't believe it even though I'd seen the sign with my own eyes. It would have had to be one of those rare days when I didn't have a camera phone with me.

Here's a wikipedia reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_of_Nod

And here's a picture of the place http://www.flickr.com/photos/openerandcloser/133815481/

Shame I don't have a picture of the road sign

=V=

Top Bottom