England : Cheshire 2013 Cheshire Cat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Agree (not on the 100 miler being boring, i like them), and you will be going up Mow Cop faster than most too.

The actual price of entry isn't that bad - free "technical" food at the 3 stops (just take something savoury as it's all sugary crap) and (last year) a SiS 750ml bottle with gels inside, a buff &some cleaners.

I get "bored" after about 3 hours. By "bored" I mean, basically thinking about getting home, rather than being in the moment on the bike. It takes substantial effort to not just go "oh fark this" when riding long distance for me, physically I am okay with the distance, but my mind wanders a lot, hence only really doing it in a group for something to keep my mind from wandering and to pass the time.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I get "bored" after about 3 hours. By "bored" I mean, basically thinking about getting home, rather than being in the moment on the bike. It takes substantial effort to not just go "oh f*** this" when riding long distance for me, physically I am okay with the distance, but my mind wanders a lot, hence only really doing it in a group for something to keep my mind from wandering and to pass the time.

If you're doing either the Medium or Long route for this there should be several from here doing it.

The challenge, which I failed on, is finding them at the start :rolleyes:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'd be up for it again as the route has changed a little. Must say after Macclesfield the ride is somewhat boring, I.e. after the hills.

I did Mow Cop on a 39 x 24, which meant I had to look for a gap just before the steep section as there was no way I was going to stop. It wasn't pretty in that gear though.

billy1561

BB wrecker
Agree (not on the 100 miler being boring, i like them), and you will be going up Mow Cop faster than most too.

The actual price of entry isn't that bad - free "technical" food at the 3 stops (just take something savoury as it's all sugary crap) and (last year) a SiS 750ml bottle with gels inside, a buff &some cleaners.
I've only used the buff from that selection mate and it's excellent.

400bhp

Guru
I'd be up for it again as the route has changed a little. Must say after Macclesfield the ride is somewhat boring, I.e. after the hills.

I did Mow Cop on a 39 x 24, which meant I had to look for a gap just before the steep section as there was no way I was going to stop. It wasn't pretty in that gear though.

Fancy doing the middle distance ride?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Just had an email from them: Use the code crewe2013 for a 15% discount on the entry fee for the first 1000 entrants before 3rd November.

They're doing group entry, but you need to enter as a group. I'll be entering the Long route, using 'Cycle Chat' as the club/team.

Norry1

Legendary Member
May be up for this one. What distance is the long one?
Also planning to try and get on the Fred Whitton.

billinger

Regular
Hi All,

Looks interesting.

As someone who's never done this before - what area of Cheshire is it, what sort of distances available, and what sort of cost to join?

Appreciate that it will all be online tomorrow - but does it sell out straight away?

All the questions as possibly going to drum up interest if it looks like a good un and don't want to miss the boat!

Steve H

Large Member
Hi All,

Looks interesting.

As someone who's never done this before - what area of Cheshire is it, what sort of distances available, and what sort of cost to join?

Appreciate that it will all be online tomorrow - but does it sell out straight away?

All the questions as possibly going to drum up interest if it looks like a good un and don't want to miss the boat!
Start and finish is Crewe football stadium. Distances are normally around 45, 75 and 100. Middle and long distances are normally mainly flat with 3 or 4 big hills in the middle.

Doesn't normally sell out, but see DC Lane's post about discount which will 'sell out'/expire.

Top Bottom