2013 CX model advise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark435

i think it might be too big depending on your inside leg.
I am 1.78 and went for the 53 and is perfect. CX have different geometry than road bikes and due to the nature of the cycling you will do (if you go off road) most people go for a size smaller other than larger.
Although a 53 would be small for you, you may wish to consider a 56. Compare the geometry of top tube of your current road bike if you have one and the Cube.
Im very happy with mine, did two Duathlons now one in mud as above and one in snow (on Sunday) and it served me very well.

Thanks for that. I was looking at the geometry on the cube website and the centre to centre length on the seat tube was listed at only 540mm and I was concerned about it being to small. My inseam measures at 59cm so I reckon I should be pretty close. The top tube on my Trek Madone is 580mm but the top tube on the cube is listed at 560. Geometry is a tricky thing in bikes and it always pays to talk blokes like yourself who are riding them. They are so new there are hardly any reviews or opinions on them. I want mine as an all weather commuter with some occasional trail riding thrown in. Can't wait!
Thanks again,

Mark

Thanks for that. I was looking at the geometry on the cube website and the centre to centre length on the seat tube was listed at only 540mm and I was concerned about it being to small. My inseam measures at 59cm so I reckon I should be pretty close. The top tube on my Trek Madone is 580mm but the top tube on the cube is listed at 560. Geometry is a tricky thing in bikes and it always pays to talk blokes like yourself who are riding them. They are so new there are hardly any reviews or opinions on them. I want mine as an all weather commuter with some occasional trail riding thrown in. Can't wait!
Thanks again,

Mark

Inseam as inside leg measurement? Surely is not 59cm?? Mine is 82cm!! :wacko:
I'm a girlie btw :girldance:

Mark435

Inseam as inside leg measurement? Surely is not 59cm?? Mine is 82cm!! :wacko:
I'm a girlie btw :girldance:
Whoops! that should read "My inseam measures at 59cm frame size"!! based on the multiplication factor of 0.6## (I can't remember the rest!) my inseam is actually 89cm.

Nosaj

Andy there is a very nice 2013 Cyclocross bike on the auction of cyclechat section ending in about 3 days time.

No bias whatsoever

Mr. Jaggers

Regular
I'm a big Boardman Team CX fan, (since I OWN one I would be :whistle:) , it's a lot of bike for the price. I did have issues with the BB30 bearings, (It's been well documented that a large batch of bearings were sent out dry last year and caused no end of problems for people who bought bikes with this set up). but I swapped the FSA bearing out for sram ones and have never looked back, and haven't had a single glitch since.

It's a beautiful bike to ride, smooth on tarmac (25mm Ultra Gator skins help) and can take on the rough off road stuff too with ease. Hills are not a problem and getting used to the double tap system on took a few rides. I looked at loads and tested a lot of different manufacturers CX bikes before I settled on the Boardman and after owning it for a year I know I made the right choice as it's still a pleasure to take out on the roads.

There are a number of Boardman Team CX owners on this forum and I believe each one will say the same thing .. It's a beautiful bike to own :thumbsup:

Hi, I have just bought the CX Team, I am considering picking up some extra tyres for days on the road and was considering 25mm Ultra Gator Skins. Would I need a different innertube to the std one that comes with the Excavader 35mm Tyres?

Nosaj

Hi, I have just bought the CX Team, I am considering picking up some extra tyres for days on the road and was considering 25mm Ultra Gator Skins. Would I need a different innertube to the std one that comes with the Excavader 35mm Tyres?

Double check your Rim Size, you may need different wheels to run as low as a 25. I can only go down to a 28 on mine (focus not B.Man though)

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee

Yes you'll need different inner tubes .. I use continentals own brand 18/25's ...the gator skins will fit fine on the rims, I've had mine as low as 23's without any problems.

Keep the tyres and tubes that came with the bike and use them during the winter months, only takes a few minutes to switch the tyres and tubes over.

Mr. Jaggers

Regular
Yes you'll need different inner tubes .. I use continentals own brand 18/25's ...the gator skins will fit fine on the rims, I've had mine as low as 23's without any problems.

Keep the tyres and tubes that came with the bike and use them during the winter months, only takes a few minutes to switch the tyres and tubes over.
Thanks for the advice. In the end I went for 28's, I think they should be fine (do I need to change inner tubes?)
I had some fun with Halfords trying to get the gears right. In the end they damaged the frame whilst clamping it in the shop. I insisted on a new frame and they just ordered a new bike (which I received today and had my LBS build). Looking forward to a run out tomorrow.

Mr. Jaggers

Regular
Double check your Rim Size, you may need different wheels to run as low as a 25. I can only go down to a 28 on mine (focus not B.Man though)
Will go for 28's. Thank you.

Top Bottom