2014 Boardman CX team

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Full carbon fork, Avid BB5, SRAM Apex, Mavic 319s - all for around £900.

http://www.boardmanbikes.com/cx/cx_team.html

Is there a better value disk CX bike out there?

Next season I will be pulling apart my current CX bike and rebuilding it onto a new frame for my lad as he moves into U12 next year. I thought about getting one of these as a replacement. I've decided I want to go down the disk route, so cantis are no longer an option...

lukesdad

Out of interest do all CX bikes use mechanical Disc brakes ?

VamP

Banned
If you want a finished bike, take a look at the PX offering. It's open mold crabon, but so much better for racing than the Boardman.

If you want to build yourself, you can get the crabon frame directly from Dengfu. or take a look at the Winspace frame - that's got current 40-50 National Trophy leader racing on it and really rating it.

If I was after a whole bike, I'd probably get the PX Ultegra race build, which comes with 50mm tubulars. That's kinda race ready outta the box, and at £1600 represents great value.

VamP

Banned
What have you got in the shed?

Build up a Pro6 with that and £400 maybe?

If you have a race wheelset, ebay 9 speed Ultegra for durability, and spend rest on the brakes?

Depends how competitive you want to be, but I've never seen a Boardman finish in the top half of the field yet.

Caadx Sora and upgrade later?

The only cross bike I have is a canti with Ultegra 9sp shifters and Sora mechs - most of that stuff will be going on a new 48cm frame for my lad and I will then put the old frame on ebay. Hence, why I'm looking for a complete bike and the Boardman gets me disks (which I've decided I want) and SRAM Apex (which I prefer to Shimano) for what looks like a bargain price. I personally see no reason why a Boardman should not be winning races, if someone has the legs to drive it along...

VamP

Banned
The only cross bike I have is a canti with Ultegra 9sp shifters and Sora mechs - most of that stuff will be going on a new 48cm frame for my lad and I will then put the old frame on ebay. Hence, why I'm looking for a complete bike and the Boardman gets me disks (which I've decided I want) and SRAM Apex (which I prefer to Shimano) for what looks like a bargain price. I personally see no reason why a Boardman should not be winning races, if someone has the legs to drive it along...

Well it could...

It's a bit heavy, and clinchers will hold you back, but I guess the main reason you don't see them doing well is that people are a bit snobby about them, so they tend to be raced by noobs.

Give the Caadx a second look before you decide, it's a better frame.

U

User6179

Full carbon fork, Avid BB5, SRAM Apex, Mavic 319s - all for around £900.

http://www.boardmanbikes.com/cx/cx_team.html

Is there a better value disk CX bike out there?

Next season I will be pulling apart my current CX bike and rebuilding it onto a new frame for my lad as he moves into U12 next year. I thought about getting one of these as a replacement. I've decided I want to go down the disk route, so cantis are no longer an option...

And extra £60 off if you buy online the now , looks a good deal :thumbsup:

Top Bottom