2014 Targets?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sutts

Well, in as far as 2013 has gone, I am pretty damned pleased! I started cycling about March time, but didn't log the miles at that point...I have logged the miles since June 24th and I will be on 4000 miles at the 6 month point on Xmas eve! Of course, my aim will be 8000 miles in a calendar year. I'm still at it, still chipping away at the miles in winter and hope to really get the miles going again in spring. It's hard work in winter, I was 18 mins behind a personal best time the other day and I was really trying! I don't know if I am getting weaker, but it sure feels like it!!

I went to Puerto Pollenca a few years back as a non-cyclist and vowed that one day I would return as a cyclist to cycle to the Lighthouse at Formentor...and this year I did it!! This isn't much of a distance, it's like 26 miles or something, it's just one hell of an uphill ride, especially on a heavy hired commuter bike with a shopping basket on the front!! :rolleyes:Cycling through the dark tunnel on the route was the scariest thing I have ever done, or will ever do - it was literally life and death stuff with no lights on the bike!

So, in regards to 2014, it's more of the same, with the 8000 miles in a calendar year as the main target, but to still be cycling this time next year as the ultimate goal!

What are your plans?

Attachments

• IMG_0147.JPG
    IMG_0147.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 37

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Stay out of hospital:cry:
Ride bikes more:bicycle:
Maybe by March/April time I'll be hitting 100 miles a month which would be nice...

MikeW-71

Veteran
I'm going to keep it enjoyable.

Racked up a bit over 2000 miles this year, so lets see about an even 3000 miles in 2014. Since I have missed my target of completing a 100 miler this year, I'd like to achieve 2 of them next year. Do some more MTB, 2 or 3 Sportives and generally have a jolly good time :biggrin:

Kies

My cycling has been in bursts this year, one month i'm riding 4 times a week and others i barely get in the saddle.
My target is to be more consistant, especially during the colder months.
Mileage - will aim for 4000 miles.
Above all - to stay safe and keep enjoying this lifestyle

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
To get 5000miles under the belt for a calender year.

And for swmbo's health to even out more, which will inherently allow me to cycle more.

Irishrich

Über Member
This was my first year cycling and it only began in March. Since then I've managed to get 2000 miles under my belt so my goal for next year is much bigger: 4000 miles total, at least five 100 miler rides, take part in a few inter club races and ride the 'Ring of Kerry'. Probably many more challenges but I'll need a new wife by the end of the year as mine will have left by then :sad:

50000tears

My first cycling year too having started in June but only longer rides and really trying to push my fitness since September. Doing the Wiggle New Forest Spring sportive on April 13th (glad I am not superstitious), the epic is 86 miles so training hard for that. Not getting as many long rides under my belt as I want so hope to have a better base fitness by the time it swings around. Just need the weather to be kind so I can get the miles in.

After April I may look into joining my local club but that will depend on whether I think I am fit enough, as I don't want to get dropped in the first 10 minutes!

Doc333

Knight Of The Realm & All Around Good Guy
I will be into my 4th week this weekend and still struggling to get over 12 miles on a trip. My taget will be easy as I expect to beat this years total mileage easily :whistle: I still have a target to go for this year though, which is to do a 20-mile ride which I'm hoping to do this weekend, even though its going to be windy.

Next year I will deffo cycle weekly until I feel proficient, and maybe learn a few bits and pieces along the way so that I can contribute to some of the threads on this site. I intend to get my fitness levels back and get rid of the spare tyre at the same time. Later next summer I want to go and try a piece of the Yorkshire TDF route, even if I struggle slowly up one of the climbs.

ska1903

Über Member
Targets for next year for me are:

Do a multi day tour on the bike (already being planned for summer)
Ride 4000 miles in total
Learn to clean my bike properly and keep it that way!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom