2014 Targets?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peteaud

Veteran
To get better on hills

To get up Sidmouth Hill

To do the imperial ton.

oiljam

Active...ish Member
Lands End to John O'Groats for me in April/May. Wanted to do it for years and now it's finally happening. Can't wait. Bring on the training

mustang1

Legendary Member
Get back to 7000km commuting.
Get out for longer rides once a month.
Do a few organised rides, perhaps even one of those fnrttc.

U

User6179

No targets for me this year, to much OCD makes it less enjoyable, just going to keep on riding. Can't bring myself to get shot of the Garmin but I am not going chasing targets, there I have said it.

Being a little OCD myself I know how futile your post is:smile:

Nick Stone

Let's see, try for 2:30 for the Manchester cycle (2:56, for the '52' this year)
Ride London if I can get my charity place or in the ballot (going to scalp Big Bad Boris ;))
Ride to work more
Spend less on new bits (will never happen but if the wife sees I'll get effort points) be able to drop my little bro on climbs as he is the whippet of the family

VamP

Banned
2014. I'm going to give up competitive cycling, clean my bike less, ride to work as usual but in a slightly more arseholey way. I'm going to gain a working knowledge of western philosophy and I'm going to stop listening to all conventional musical forms.

I will also visit Harlow and Stevenage.

Steady on.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Will be happy to match this years performance, and get the other half up to speed.^_^

azraphale

i promised my dad i would do the london to brighton run with him, sadly he has passed away but i still want to do it in his memory.
so i need to start getting out more often than i am now and getting longer rides in as im only doing 15 mile runs.
would also love to do the new forrest run but im not sure if thats to much to soon.
i work in retail and after 8 years have fallen out of love with the company i work for, so i want to do the cytech training courses and move my career into the joyous world of cycling.
get the better looking half a bike as she wants to join me on this hobby and build a shed for all these new bikes.
should keep me fairly busy :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
At least 2500 miles outside, will just about manage that this year. London-Paris. A few 100kms and hopefully 100 milers. Ride London if selected. All hopefully with minimal knee pain! And with a new job!

And avoid anymore overuse tendon injuries!

Lose some weight

simon.r

Person
My target is not to buy anything cycling related (with the exception of consumables like brake pads and tyres). I have enough bikes and clothes to last me at least a year.

I may even try and make it a cash positive year by sorting out the stuff in my garage and selling some of it:thumbsup:

This year my cycling resolution was to get out on the bike more and not worry about chasing targets - it's worked and I've done more miles than the last few years, so I'll try and do the same again this year.

Speaking of which, I'm off out for a ride now!

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I am actually thinking of doing less miles next year but making them more enjoyable. I have covered 8,000 miles this year in my first full year of cycling, much of it due to chasing miles for Strava challenges. However, I now fancy slowing down and meandering along some more remote roads and trails at a gentler speed and maybe carrying a camera at least some of the time.

Was out walking the dog earlier and heard that an acquaintance had sadly passed away due to cancer. She was only early sixties and a total keep fit fanatic and was the picture of health earlier this year. It brought it home to me just how precious life can be so I am going to blow some money on a decent mountain bike and have some fun next year. Can't take it with you as they say.

Top Bottom