2014 Targets?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I'm going to ride enough to keep the weight off that I have lost this year. I would like to say I aren't going to chase any targets, but I know that as soon as the January Strava challenge is up I will be going for it ^_^

Doyleyburger

Veteran
Get some KOMS

young Ed

Veteran
Enjoy cycling.
Back flip my mountain bike.
dangerous idiot skill!

I plan to sort out my rear wheel well and truly
buy a garmin edge touring
do my first 70+ miles in a day
get out more
post less
possibly change the value of n in the equation n+1
do my first multi day ride
tick off everything on this list
Cheers Ed

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Get out with the club more. Just got to get healed up. This years mileage wasn't as good as expected, but can't help having surgery.

Plan is more MTB fun too. Plan taking the road bike down to the caravan rather than the MTB and pop off for an hour or two into the back lanes and hills near Prestatyn.

Ian193

Über Member
Want to do more miles next year (bought a road bike as an incentive) and ride the London to southend bhf ride

sittingbull

Veteran
I am actually thinking of doing less miles next year but making them more enjoyable. I have covered 8,000 miles this year in my first full year of cycling.......
Had to check I hadn't written this as it applies exactly :laugh:

I hope to do some cross-training and make at least a partial return to running, injuries permitting :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Phoenix Lincs

Über Member
I am actually thinking of doing less miles next year but making them more enjoyable. I have covered 8,000 miles this year in my first full year of cycling, much of it due to chasing miles for Strava challenges. However, I now fancy slowing down and meandering along some more remote roads and trails at a gentler speed and maybe carrying a camera at least some of the time.

Was out walking the dog earlier and heard that an acquaintance had sadly passed away due to cancer. She was only early sixties and a total keep fit fanatic and was the picture of health earlier this year. It brought it home to me just how precious life can be so I am going to blow some money on a decent mountain bike and have some fun next year. Can't take it with you as they say.

It felt wrong to 'like' your post, as it's sad about the lady who has passed away, but I like the fact you are planning to enjoy cycling more :smile:

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Given that virtually all of my miles this year have been Jan-April & Sept, Nov & Dec, I thought I might try having some summer miles at some point :sun:, so the aim is to get my asthma under control for summer and actually get to ride in the warmer months of the year.

Get my (severe) asthma under control & not get end up housebound because of it through summer yet again...
Work on the walking side of life (dog bite issues still causing problems). I can now manage 4km a day, finger's crossed on being able to get my mountaineering boots out again by the end of the year.
Cycling distance - no real target, I'll just see what happens and stick with this year's target (given what happened this year :whistle:)
Possible tour of Iceland for a summer holiday (assuming asthma does not cause problems & I have found a portable nebuliser by then)
Have 12 months without falling off my bike? (I don't want fate to be able to read this small print....:laugh:)

gavgav

Guru
Have signed up for the bhf Worcester ride, aiming to do tour to north wales and would like to double my mileage for the year and get up to 1000 miles

lee1980sim

Got just over 900 miles this year aimed for 1000 but missed a month due to bike being stolen so next year I'm hoping for 1500 but no worries if I dont enjoyment is more important

Manu3172

Regular
I will try to go on a cycling trip with several stages like La haute route des Alpes (in France), 7 days, crossing the Alps from north to south.

Top Bottom