2014 Targets?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
For me:

Get another star in the Century a Month Challenge - with at least one century a month being on Fixed.
Average 20 miles a day for the year, so 7,300 for the year
One big ride - probably another LeJog
Get Mrs rb58 cycling

Reactions: 4F

Dave 123

Legendary Member
...to have no targets!

It will come as it comes.

mark c

Über Member
I set a target of 3026 which was passed a month ago, so may be 4000 miles and to cycle to the brother inlaws and back over two days (230 miles ) aprox. The challenge being getting home after a night on the town !

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
2000 miles, and at least one imperial century and one multi-day trip (even 2 days will do!).

Have just passed the 2000 mark this year. Failed abysmally the previous three years!
Did one 100 miler and one 112 miler this year.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
no idea what miles done in 2013 , i just feel like i have not done enough .

2014 will try and do more but a lot will depened when winter hits and for how long really

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
Well, this year I joined a club, did a multi day tour, just under 4k miles for the year and a metric century.

Next year; first time trial, first time trial without sh*tting my pants in fear beforehand, imperial century and a tour with mrs pikey.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
I don't really do targets either - but when I realised on Sunday I was just 81 miles short of 3000 miles for the year I put a bit of effort in so now I'm only 7 miles short.

May go for 3500 next year and a century ride or two.

Last edited:

albion

Guru
Same as this year, 10,000 miles.

Being nearly 4000 miles short, the 10,000 carrot is likely to stay hanging on that stick for a long long while.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'll be happy enough if I can keep riding throughout the year and not end up in hospital again!

I aim to organise some forum rides again and I have my ongoing Cragg Vale hill climb challenge to nibble away at.

Also on the list - a metric century and an imperial century. If those go ok, maybe a hilly 200 km audax ride - it has been a while since I was able to tackle one of them!

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
2014. I'm going to give up competitive cycling, clean my bike less, ride to work as usual but in a slightly more arseholey way. I'm going to gain a working knowledge of western philosophy and I'm going to stop listening to all conventional musical forms.

I will also visit Harlow and Stevenage.

Top Bottom