2014 Targets?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Justiffa

Ride further, run stronger, live healthier….. and find peace & happiness in the process he3 :girl:

Ooh.. and also learn how to finally ride without hands :bicycle:

WellyWonkey

As a newbie I would just like to enjoy cycling again and build up my stamina. Bought a road bike, been out a few times. Would love to be able to complete a 100 mile ride. I'm aiming for the manchester 100 in August! Maybe setting my sights a bit high? Onwards and upwards!!!
:bicycle:

For 2014 my target is 5000 miles, complete my first 100 mile ride & to shed at least 3 stone (and keep it off)

Oh & maybe learn how to fix & replace parts on my bikes properly
Was looking through before posting and snap! Mine are almost exactly the same! If you want a ride buddy when you do the 100 mile ride, give me a shout. I'm in Northampton too and wouldn't mind a bit of moral support for the effort too!

s7ephanie

middle of nowhere in France
to take longer rides, hoping to do 100k in one ride
conquer a hill near me
learn to spell LOL

busdennis

Veteran
these will be my goals for 2014

beat this years milage of 4336
10 mile TT under 22mins (pb is 22.51)
25 mile TT under the hour (never riden an open 25)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
As a newbie I would just like to enjoy cycling again and build up my stamina. Bought a road bike, been out a few times. Would love to be able to complete a 100 mile ride. I'm aiming for the manchester 100 in August! Maybe setting my sights a bit high? Onwards and upwards!!!
:bicycle:
With a long, steady steady build-up starting now, the M100 will be very doable at the end of August, so go for it! There have been lots of threads about it in the past on CycleChat. Just search for "Manchester 100" in the thread titles - here's one of them.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Another one and this is probably harder for me....

Not to buy N+1 and finish the year with just the 2 bikes I have, my CdF and S4L - difficult as well as I've an understanding wife who is not bothered tbh.

WellyWonkey

With a long, steady steady build-up starting now, the M100 will be very doable at the end of August, so go for it! There have been lots of threads about it in the past on CycleChat. Just search for "Manchester 100" in the thread titles - here's one of them.
Cheers Colin. The training will be tough but I'm looking forward to the challenge. Just hope my level of commitment doesn't tail off or i get an injury!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Sutts,
guess where I went in October? I will be back again just after Easter.

image_zpsd02a310a.jpg

image_zpsa1963559.jpg

If you think that little tunnel is scarey, don't ever go to Switzerland or Italy. I knew the tunnel was coming so was well lit up. I didn't see any other bikes with lights though.

Steve

outlash

also available in orange
To get my family out on their bikes more. It's my eldest's birthday on Monday and he's got a Frog 69 coming so that's an incentive :smile:. Other than that, I'd like to do the Dunwich dynamo and maybe an Audax or two.

Tony.

OP
OP
S

sutts

Sutts,
guess where I went in October? I will be back again just after Easter.

image_zpsd02a310a.jpg

image_zpsa1963559.jpg

If you think that little tunnel is scarey, don't ever go to Switzerland or Italy. I knew the tunnel was coming so was well lit up. I didn't see any other bikes with lights though.

Steve
Hi Steve, great stuff! :smile: Well, I had never been through a tunnel on a bike before and even now, looking at the photo, I thought 'that looks easy', I could see the light at the end of course, but didn't realise that half way through it would pitch black and I would have no reference as to how close to the side wall I was! My main concern was not being able to be seen of course...mainly by cars that also didn't switch their lights on!

I really enjoyed the ride though, in fact I did it two days running, just so that I could have another attempt at doing the first uphill on the way back without stopping...and I managed it the second time, but my legs still ache now!! :rolleyes:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Sutts, when I left the lighthouse I had the wind on my back and it blew me down the hill. But when I reached the first hairpin going uphill, I was now riding up the bloody big hill into a gale force wind. I was down to the lowest gear on my grannie wheel and was still getting nowhere. The advantage of not being on a carbon road bike, like everyone else, is that you don't feel like a wimp if you stop. And I did stop, a few times. Once I was over that first hill it was not a problem.

I am going just after Easter to ride from Soller to Sa Calobra and then take the boat back to Soller.

I will leave riding the 10km up it to the younger cyclists.

http://sicycle.wordpress.com/2012/09/07/how-to-ride-sa-calobra/

Steve

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

sutts

Sutts, when I left the lighthouse I had the wind on my back and it blew me down the hill. But when I reached the first hairpin going uphill, I was now riding up the bloody big hill into a gale force wind. I was down to the lowest gear on my grannie wheel and was still getting nowhere. The advantage of not being on a carbon road bike, like everyone else, is that you don't feel like a wimp if you stop. And I did stop, a few times. Once I was over that first hill it was not a problem.

I am going just after Easter to ride from Soller to Sa Calobra and then take the boat back to Soller.

I will leave riding the 10km up it to the younger cyclists.

http://sicycle.wordpress.com/2012/09/07/how-to-ride-sa-calobra/

Steve
I have saved that page to look at in more detail! I think I have to do that one day on my hired shopping bike! Are you saying that Soller to Sa Calobra is downhill...not sure I understand you? How much harder would it be than the ride to Formentor?

Top Bottom