2015 Cycling Resolutions - What's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iwantanewbike

Über Member
Add this to my list for 2015. What better motivation than my first charity 3 dayer mixed with my favourite team!?!

Just signed up. Anyone fancy sponsoring me?

http://www.ridetothepalace.co.uk

Give me a shout if you want advice on where to store the bike at the game - I leave mine there every home game.

vickster

Legendary Member
As the other thread...

1) To not fall off,
2) manage to cycle at least once every week
3) and to do Ride 100 in August
4) To get the bikes out of the lounge into the Asgard shed that arrives in a couple of weeks!

5) And not to buy any more bikes (probably)!

1) Success so far :B) but...
2) I've only been on a bike once this year (probably hence 1 :whistle: ) and likely it'll be April before I get on one again (I am using the static bike though) :sad:
3) Fingers crossed :thumbsup:
4) Yay done :bravo:
5) Not yet and actually no itch - probably as I can't ride the 4 I have! :wacko:

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
To have another year at 11'000+ miles.
To plan and complete a single ride of 205 miles in 10.5 hours.
So far so good. I reckon 1300 miles this month so on track with the first one.
The second one will have to wait till summer.

How's everyone else doing? Fell miserabily by the wayside January 2nd or still going?

Norry1

Legendary Member
Train (all disciplines) 200 times
Ride 5,200 miles (all types, including Turbo and gym bikes)
Get to 12st 3lbs by July 1st (ready for Alps Cycling Tour)
Race more than last year
Ride a 400k Audax

Time for a stock take

Looks like about 157 training days rather than 200
On track at 4,876 but touch and go
Failed, I was 13st and Alpe D'Huez knew it :smile:
Raced a bit (but not much) more and tried a new circuit (Castle Coombe)
Failed - pulled out due to ongoing hip/back soreness

So a bit of a mixed bag - but an enjoyable year with RideLondon, Velothon Wales, and an Alps week being highlights

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I'm trying to work in a couple of short tours, and get my mileage over 1500. I am also planning on building a 26" tourer, and finishing all the upgrades to the Fuji Tourer. I am giving up on step and a half plus granny gears in front, and going to a more straightforward arrangement with a higher end mountain bike crank and a sealed BB for the Fuji.
I did work in a couple of 1 day tours, I did finish a 26" touring bike(Schwinn Impact) and sold the Fuji Touring bike because it and I did not get along. I don't have mileage as some of my statistics are still pending. About 900 or so miles on Strava and Bikecomputer, about 161 on trainer puts things over 1000, not where I wanted to be but I still have some sites to check these against. In all, an enjoyable year which has seen the addition of an actual cross country trail system paralleling Route 66, so next year may be even better.

Katherine

Guru
  • Get better at hills - so I don't get so out of breath
  • Keep my bike clean - I've started to Mickle
  • Learn how to fettle - basic checks and maintenance

Well,
  • I've been on lots of hilly rides. I can go slow and not get out of breath or push harder and get a bit out of breath, but not as loud!
  • Bike is definitely cleaned more often and more thoroughly.
  • I still need to learn more about fettling and adjusting stuff.

Brandane

Legendary Member
1. To NOT set any mileage target, and just ride when I feel like it rather than feel pressurized to go out when not really up for it. That's not to say I will cycle less - it might actually mean more miles!

2. Use the Garmin less. This has already started.

3. Lose a stone in weight.

4. Get round the Pedal for Scotland 100 mile route in September with the able assistance of @Pat "5mph" .
1. Achieved. Not sure that it has resulted in more miles though; will find out when I check the mileages of all bikes on 31/12. It will be close I think (comparing to 2014 mileage).
2. Achieved.
3. Failed miserably! Actually put on a few pounds but nothing drastic.
4. Didn't even attempt it.

Last edited:

bpsmith

Veteran
Mine are to:

1. Get my knee and back problems sorted. Physio and checking the fit.

2. Add a thousand more miles to this years one and half thousand miles.

3. Commute more, hence the above target.

4. Do a Gran Fondo.

5. Complete the Velothon Wales.

@iancity just Liked this, do felt the need to update....

1. Sorted.
2. 200 miles short so far, but still hoping to hit the target. Hinges on a decent ride tomorrow.
3. Failed! 1 commute only. Makes number 2 slightly more impressive, but still a fail.
4. Sorted.
5. Sorted. Signed up for 2016 too.

:smile:

Top Bottom