2015 Giant Defy 1 or 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I guessed that you might. So how is it?

I have Ultegra 11 speed on my n+1, but the new 105 version is supposed to be very very close in its abilities!
Blindfolded I doubt a rider could tell the difference, although they'd be liable to crash a lot! Except for missing the 11th cog in doubt they'd tell between Tiagra and Ultegra. It's a weight and finish thing rather than appreciable performance gain.

shaun75

Über Member
Danny,
Does the 2015 defy 1 have the mudguard eyelets? Front and back?

Whoops, quick zoom in answered my own question.

Incidentally, how much does your bike weigh?

Last edited:

bpsmith

Veteran
Blindfolded I doubt a rider could tell the difference, although they'd be liable to crash a lot! Except for missing the 11th cog in doubt they'd tell between Tiagra and Ultegra. It's a weight and finish thing rather than appreciable performance gain.

I have 105 10 speed on my Defy 1 and Ultegra 11 speed on my Sempre Pro and the difference is night and day I am sorry to say.

The latest 105 11 speed is said to be a lot closer than it's predecessor though.

Would I notice a difference between Tiagra and Ultegra? Most definitely.

OP
OP
Danny B

Danny B

Shaun75
I haven weighed the bike yet but will do tonight and let you know.

BTW Looking to up grade the brakes to 105's already, just to complete the 105 group set apart from the crank!

OP
OP
Danny B

Danny B

Danny,
Does the 2015 defy 1 have the mudguard eyelets? Front and back?

Whoops, quick zoom in answered my own question.

Incidentally, how much does your bike weigh?

Shaun75 weighed the bike dinner time and without saddle bag 9.1KG

bpsmith

Veteran
The defy's don't have disc brakes just Normal callipers ?
My mistake. Not looked at them since released. Pre release article I read said all Defy models come with disc brakes for 2015. I assume they must have meant Defy Advanced models?

Top Bottom