2015 Giant TCR 1 Advanced is

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
And?

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Not only full carbon but they have got rid of the composite range so you are getting the advanced frame that retailed at £2500 last year .

bpsmith

Veteran
Enjoying that link and write up. I do believe he tested a top of the range Defy Advanced SL with Zipp wheelset. That's a fair bit more than £1500.

Giant have 4 versions of the Defy this year:

Defy
Defy Advanced
Defy Advanced Pro
Defy Advanced SL

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/globalstartpage/defy-2015/#bikemodels

It appears that the Composite is called the Advanced and the Advanced now becomes the Advanced Pro, which means the same split as before but named differently.

bpsmith

Veteran
TCR's have similar name change?

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
TCR's have similar name change?
Not from what I saw with a sneak look in the trade book . The TCR 1 Advanced is the same frame as last year but the forks , wheels are not and the chain and cassette are 105 . They have dropped the comp range but added an Advanced 3 .
I think they have done a very smart market move and are going to clean up with sales to be honest .

bpsmith

Veteran
That's interesting. Clearly they are cutting back somewhere, but doing the Advanced frame throughout is pretty impressive.

Makes no odds for me now, as decided that the TCR was not for me just yet and bought the Bianchi Sempre Pro instead.

Still interested in what comes out mind you.

Top Bottom