2016/2017 World Road-Race Championships??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A centre-right newspaper promoting the Tories in Yorkshire.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVm4gwzAe28VcPGloNWhv42Gv9PPjgy0-5LGug9hvxerov6IOw.jpg

gds58

Über Member
Cos it is. Wake up. :tongue:
Maybe it is but this is a cycling forum not a political one so we don't need politics rammed down our throats on here. If something happens for the good of our chosen sport then that's great and who cares about the politics behind it!

If something happens for the good of our chosen sport then that's great and who cares about the politics behind it!

Me. And so should everyone else; but if you think it's unimportant then you are free to disagree or not engage in the discussion.

I hadn't realised the thought-police had taken over the forum.

I see a political aspect to some stories - not "everything" is political for me despite what @Scoosh claimed above, if you look at my posting history then you'll find that; but never let the truth get in the way, eh?

As you can see from the Guardian article, I am not the only one who sees a political angle in the story.

The majority of my "political" posts are in the politics part of the forum, and fairly infrequent, but I have also engaged in highlighting what I think are political aspects in other areas - some people disagree with me, fine. I am imagining that scoosh's response was because he thinks there is either nothing political in the story and thinks that I am "overly political" compared to him, or that he supports the Tories and doesn't like people trying to disparage their leaders, or that I have in some way given a political view elsewhere which he disagrees with and he is using this thread to have a wee rant at me, or something else entirely; whatever it is, he is entitled to his opinion, and I should be entitled to reply

If the moderators wish to post on this thread and tell me to pipe down then so be it - it will confirm my view that the majority are neo-liberal unionists who fear dissenting voices :boxing: The fact of the matter is that there are political aspects to stories which to some appear "innocent" - open your mind, you'll maybe see them as well.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
You want a moderator message @Marmion? Then you've got one.
Take this as an official moderator warning to keep politics out of this thread.
This is not censorship - by all means go and start a thread in SC&P to discuss whether nor not this funding for cycling is politically motivated. You've highlighted your opinion here, that is enough. If you want to discuss it with other folks who want to discuss the politics as opposed to the cycling then SC&P is the place for it.

You want a moderator message @Marmion? Then you've got one.
I didn't, not sure why you thought that.
Take this as an official moderator warning to keep politics out of this thread.
Just this one? Or is it a blanket ban on mentioning anything political unless it's in the politics sub-forum? You might be creating a lot of work for yourselves.
This is not censorship.
Yes it is.

Anyway, I doubt this post will stay here for long, I'll move on.

...you were perfectly in your right to express your opinion, this is censorship no matter what the mods write...cycling and politics are very much intertwined always have been, always will be..

I thought so as well, but obviously not.

Although it must be a first that the Mods appear in procycling and it's not to sort out an Armstrong thread :laugh:

The road championships would be good but even better would be the World Cross champs. I've seen them twice, in Birmingham and Leeds, absolutely brilliant days out, high time we had them back again.

Top Bottom