2017 Ashes - Spoilers only

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Aussie commentator on Radio 5 Live gritting her teeth and realising she'll have to applaud England for their winning ODI performance this morning. So, 2 - 1, better than 3 - 0.

OP
OP
psmiffy
3rd ODI - England women get one back - good scores from Beaumont (84), Taylor (69) & Knight (88) to post highest ODI score (284-8 reduced to 278/48 overs DL) against Aussies then good attritional bowling to limit them to 257-9

all on the 4 day test on the 9th November

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The scoring system means England have to win the 1 test match to retain a chance of the Ashes.
There are 3 ODIs with 2 points for a win
One test with 4 points
3 T20 with 2 points.

Oz are winning 4-2 on points at the moment.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Feeling decidedly old....

I remember seeing Sophie Ecclestone at Cheshire Junior Cricket presentation evenings when she was U13 and U15. Now she's playing for England

She's had a decent debut but it's going to be tough to get a result for England from here

OP
OP
psmiffy
A draw is the only realistic option.

A draw might be a tough ask - Perry is at least running out of partners - but England 150+ behind

In other news England men "crush" CA11 - bowlers did what was necessary but batting a bit wobbly against what was essentially an academy attack - I hope the English batman have been practicing their defence against fast yorkers - Starc has been rehabilitating after his injury with an 8 for and two hat tricks in the same match in the Sheffield Shield

OP
OP
psmiffy
Australian Women retain the "Ashes" with two matches to spare - England Women have not really been at the races for the whole series

Elsewhere - England men are doing "alright" with Stoneman and Malan getting 100s and Cook and Root having decent knocks in the final warm up match - tho the opposition and pitch is nothing like they will face next week at Brisbane

OP
OP
psmiffy
Third warm up v CAXI - Drawn - a reality check for England bowlers - Sangha (133) and Short (134*) with five first class matches between them effectively bat all the fourth day

In other news Australian selectors are getting a pasting from the great and good of aussie cricket after picking a wicketkeeper who cannot get a game for his own team and another that can but will not take the gloves

Last edited:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Sorry but I still fail to understand how people can get excited about cricket, and I have been in the UK for 47 years now! Each one to his own as they say.
giphy.gif

OP
OP
psmiffy
Womens Ashes - much to my surprise England square the series in the last two T20s - dead rubbers as far as the Ashes trophy is concerned but a series in its own right - a good performance in the penultimate T20 and then a mega performance to overcome Australia in the final T20 - albeit with the assistance of some poor catching by the Aussies - Beth Mooney scoring 117* to set up a big Aussie total - England all at sea at 3-30 after 5 overs but Knight 51 and Wyatt 100 knocking off the bulk of the runs and England successfully setting a record for a chase in womens T20i with an over to spare

Tomorrrownight - midnight - Brisbane - talking is over for the men - Ive no idea which way its going to go - on history and a glance at the team sheets you would think it is for the Aussies to lose - but - as in todays womens T20 it only needs a few of the England team to put their hands up with a good performances at the right time

Edited for earlyiness ^_^

Last edited:
Top Bottom