2017 Specialized Roubaix

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

S-Express

That road.cc link looks like a prototype. I think the pics here might be more accurate.

I think the bike in the picture looks boring and horrible, and the whole concept is an easy way to make shedloads from clever marketing of what is quite a simple device.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
On the RCUK quick look the bike the rider is on looked like it had a traditional horizontal top tube, but the marketing image had a sloping one, although much less slope than the older models.

Cannot get the image that came up on Facebook but it was definitely a different bike to ones on Specialized website.

upload_2016-9-9_15-41-7.png

Andrew_P

Oh and I liked the tools/tube carrying box accessory by the BB and the fact they have switched to a threaded BB, pretty sure one of their recent MTB launches had a threaded BB too.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Oh and I liked the tools/tube carrying box accessory by the BB

I think that's for the Di2 battery - from the pics I've seen, it's only on the Di2 models

S-Express

On the RCUK quick look the bike the rider is on looked like it had a traditional horizontal top tube, but the marketing image had a sloping one, although much less slope than the older models.

As mentioned, it is likely the one in the pic (wth the Etixx rider) is a prototype, and most likely with a different geometry to the production bikes.

SWSteve

Guru
Odd that the one in the road.cc article looks like a racing bike, and the others more of a endurance hike. Fair enough you, someone's bound to love it.

The box isn't just in the Di2 models, and I personally think that's a good addition. I don't like having a bag on the saddle, and I don't know why people cut up old bottles as it looks tatty

Andrew_P

I think that's for the Di2 battery - from the pics I've seen, it's only on the Di2 models

I thought I read it as every model, they have done it for a MTB too
As mentioned, it is likely the one in the pic (wth the Etixx rider) is a prototype, and most likely with a different geometry to the production bikes.
At a presentation where that bike was on display I think he said it is due to the S-Works one with the Etixx rider on is slammed and all the others have all the spacers on and the suspension at its highest so a bit of optical illusion. They also said the stoarge box fits all Roubaix and Ruby's some come with it and some don't.

Still strikes me as solving a non existent problem can't remember ever wishing my handlebars bounced (absorb according to the big S). They never answered the question on their live Facebook about its serviceability. I know my Headsets get in a right state. The general marketing gist is that under the rider it is as stiff if not stiffer than the Tarmac and slammed and negative stem its the same Geometry.

Thought the BR Review was OTT making all your other bikes redundant. (hope that's not you @smutchin !!) - Weird he said on normal bike on a bumpy fast corner you back off but on this you don't feel it so push though made me think how much important feel its removing I saw that as negative where the BR bloke thought it was great. Half full half empty I suppose.

I think I would have been interested except for the suspension bars and the rubber boot on the steerer.

Can't believe no one else thinks a return to threaded BB is significant form one of the big 4 manufacturers

Fair play to Specialized pushing new stuff out, brave as I would have thought the Roubaix was the biggest selling road bike for them

Top Bottom