2019 Goats League - *CLOSED* Climb 2 - Col de Marie-Blanque from the west

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Ride opens for attempts on midnight 7th Jan 2019, and closes on Midnight on the 3rd March 2019, ride must be completed within that window for it to count otherwise you get the time of the slowest rider plus 5%.

A recovery ride for you this week, the Col du Marie-Blanque with half the just over half the height gain of last weeks ride a mere 708m of ascent in 9.98Km.

profile.coldemarieblanquewest.png

Post your times in the thread and I'll update the Goats League Spreadsheet

Please include your BRVR User/Display Name to give other riders pacers to chase if they so desire.

Last edited:

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
00:36:41, had a bit of a panic at around the 8.5km mark when I thought I was going dizzy, fortunately it was the video going all a blur and not me.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
He'll be screwed....
Reminds me of the 2012 TdF. Where a misunderstanding caused a bit of friction in BMC between Cadel Evans and Tejay Van Garderen. Evans punctured because some "fans" had spread tin tacks across the road. When Tejay rode past he held up his wheel and shouted "A Tack" and off Tejay went. Heat of the moment and all that, I'm sure Cadel eventually saw the funny side.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
It's ok I've got a cunning plan, I'll just ride the next one before him and throw down some virtual nails on the road....
I'll be there with you waiting for Smiljan and AG to ride past:okay:

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Well, that was a nice recovery ride, until about Km 5 then it just got nasty!! I'm sorry but using the 10% gradients to recover and get the heart rate down is just insane!!! I was within 8 seconds of Dave (@djk ) for pretty much all of it :boxing::boxing:, but then I just couldn't sustain the effort any longer :B), and had to watch you pull away, followed by @Mugshot catching and passing me:B):B) . @martin22 and I had a great battle over the last Km, but I stole it from him with a last minute desperate sprint to the line :rofl: :sweat::sweat::sweat: :surrender::surrender::surrender:

0:48:23

Last edited:
Top Bottom