2019 Goats League - *CLOSED* Climb 2 - Col de Marie-Blanque from the west

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Well, that was a nice recovery ride, until about Km 5 then it just got nasty!! I'm sorry but using the 10% gradients to recover and get the heart rate down is just insane!!! I was within 8 Seconds of Dave (@djk ) for pretty much all of it :boxing::boxing:, but then I just couldn't sustain the effort any longer :B), and had to watch you pull away, followed by @martin22 catching and passing me:B):B) . @Mugshot and I had a great battle over the last Km, but I stole it from him with a last minute desperate sprint to the line :rofl: :sweat::sweat::sweat: :surrender::surrender::surrender:

0:48:23
I think it may have been @martin22 that you beat to the line :whistle:

martin22

yeah must have been me as my time was 48:28, your're going delirious with all that effort!

I need to start doing my rides a bit later on to join in these battles of the road!

Just checked on the spreadsheet and the time on that is 6 seconds quicker than it should be for me.... i'll never catch Dave Wade now :cry::rofl:

Last edited:
Well, that was a nice recovery ride, until about Km 5 then it just got nasty!! I'm sorry but using the 10% gradients to recover and get the heart rate down is just insane!!! I was within 8 Seconds of Dave (@djk ) for pretty much all of it :boxing::boxing:, but then I just couldn't sustain the effort any longer :B), and had to watch you pull away, followed by @martin22 catching and passing me:B):B) . @Mugshot and I had a great battle over the last Km, but I stole it from him with a last minute desperate sprint to the line :rofl: :sweat::sweat::sweat: :surrender::surrender::surrender:

0:48:23

Live racing is going to be fun when it comes... I'm just impressed I managed to pull away, I never felt a thing ;-)

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
38:22 i hit a wall at 4 miles i was 40 seconds ahead of Dave wade at this point but i had a ease right off for a quick rest then he was gone.
After reading that I thought I'd give it another try. Keep up with Breedon for the first bit then match my time for the steep bit was the strategy. Gave up after 3km, honestly I couldn't keep up. If Breedon had stayed with it then that would have been one heck of a time.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Soon as it gets steep your like a whippet :laugh:
Watching your start I was thinking more Bat out of hell. After I gave up I set ERG to 150w and watched events unfold. At about 5km you had a minute on me but on the steep bit I could see the gap between markers getting shorter. I once made the mistake of picking Smiljan and Alan Gunner as pacers on one of the climbs and sorely regretted it. Now I tend to use a coach at a wattage I'd like to aim for and/or previous attempts. Gawd knows what I'll be like when live racing is introduced. I just couldn't get the hang of it when I used to subscribe to Bkool.

ibooij

Über Member
Watching your start I was thinking more Bat out of hell. After I gave up I set ERG to 150w and watched events unfold. At about 5km you had a minute on me but on the steep bit I could see the gap between markers getting shorter. I once made the mistake of picking Smiljan and Alan Gunner as pacers on one of the climbs and sorely regretted it. Now I tend to use a coach at a wattage I'd like to aim for and/or previous attempts. Gawd knows what I'll be like when live racing is introduced. I just couldn't get the hang of it when I used to subscribe to Bkool.

Picking Smiljan, Alan Gunner or Tom Smeets as competitors is always painful. Painful and humbling. If I've done a ride before, I mostly try to look at my own previous ride.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Bailed tonight. Legs just too tired from 2 nights of racing. Got 33 mins in with about 15 mins left and i just couldn't turn the pedals anymore! 'cooled' down after for 25 mins to keep legs turning over. Low power but i wanted to get an hour in. Will try this again Sunday, but can't see me beating your time Aleman - you was flying!

Top Bottom