2019 Goats League - *CLOSED* Climb 12 - Ax 3 Domaines

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Ride opens for attempts at midnight 18th March 2019, and closes on Midnight on the 12th May 2019, ride must be completed within that window for it to count otherwise you get the time of the slowest rider plus 5%.

Another visit to a climb often used as a stage finish in le Tour Ax 3 Domaine ... the stage at which Nairo Quintana raised hopes that this year he might be a future Tour winner, but it was not to be as 2013 was the first time a certain Mr Froome took yellow, indeed he took yellow on this stage (8). Short sharp shock of 662m of ascent in 8.64Km

profile.ax3domaines.png

The climb starts around 1:09:00 in this link

Post your times in the thread and I'll update the Goats League Spreadsheet

Please include your BRVR User/Display Name to give other riders pacers to chase if they so desire.

martin22

First one out the starting gate again, I feel like the hare in a chase!

39:51 , enjoyed that... unleash the hounds! :bicycle:

BRVR_User

That's a tough one. Glad it wasn't too much longer! 29:21 for me please @Aleman

ibooij

Über Member
This one went really well. I took my own ride from January 2018 and @Crook Town AFC 's recent ride as competitors and added a coach at 317W.
I then completely ignored the coach and just tried to ride at a steady 321-322W, a few watts above treshold. The legs kept on feeling.. good is not the right word, but it was manageable. Normally, @Crook Town AFC starts gaining on me from about halfway, but I managed to keep him at something like 20 seconds. Then the last ramp to the finish came up, 1km at 8%. That was the signal to go all in. I ramped it up to 340W and managed to keep it there, extending my lead even further. Of course, @BRVR_User had already bought and finished a coffee at the top when I reached the café, but let's just pretend that I don't care about that.

I'm pretty pleased with the result. Training does work. It'll probably all be "downhill" from here, but this one is in the pocket.

30:46 please, @Aleman

Top Bottom