2019 Goats League - *CLOSED* Climb 14 - Paso de Tauro

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Ride opens for attempts at midnight 1st April 2019, and closes on Midnight on the 26th May 2019, ride must be completed within that window for it to count otherwise you get the time of the slowest rider plus 5%.

This is no joke :biggrin: returning to Tenerife again we have the 718m ascent in 13.39Km of the Pass of the bull (Paso de Tauro) from the south. I've descended this (in a car!!) and it was pretty exhausting, it must be fun to cycle UP it xx(. This area was devastated by a forest fire a few years back, while MBH and I were staying in Maspalomas, we had actually gone walking in the forest to the North, and were wondering why all the roads were closed by police and fire engines. It was only when we got to the summit of the hill and a the ranger station there that we could see the fire across the valley. We got out pretty sharpish, heading North West (opposite to the fire) and got on the GC 200, before turning south and heading to Puerto Mogan. ... As it turns out, we were in the last two cars that the police let through before closing the road! The thermometer in the car was reporting an external temperature of 60+C! At one point we could actually see the fire cresting the ridges behind us. on the Balcony of the hotel that night we could see the fire lighting the sky behind the hills above Maspalomas, and recorded a temperature of 49C at 10PM. It was insane, and around a 1/4 of the area of the Island was affected. Returning now you wouldn't know there had been a fire at all.

profile.pasodetaurosouth.png

Post your times in the thread and I'll update the Goats League Spreadsheet

Please include your BRVR User/Display Name to give other riders pacers to chase if they so desire.

52:31 please @Aleman

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I'm lagging behind on the rides now, can't get rid of this cough, I sound like a 20 a day smoker instead of the honed athlete this league is turning me into :rofl:
Me too @martin22 , had it for a couple of weeks, went for a couple of weeks and now it’s back again. Getting on my wick now, going to have to get going next week, kill or cure, otherwise I’ll be missing cut offs :cursing:

BRVR_User

36:20 for me please @Aleman. Another terrific BigRing climb!

Top Bottom