2019 Goats League - *CLOSED* Climb 15 - Colle del Sestriere

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Ride opens for attempts at midnight 8th April 2019, and closes on Midnight on the 2nd June 2019, ride must be completed within that window for it to count otherwise you get the time of the slowest rider plus 5%.

Well back in Italy again, for the second climb on stage 9 of the Giro 2018. Having attacked on the Finestre, Froome, really took the pain to the peloton, with a wicked descent, and made even greater gains on the 25.52Km long 998m ascent to the Colle Del Sestriere.

profile.colledelsestriere.png

Post your times in the thread and I'll update the Goats League Spreadsheet

Please include your BRVR User/Display Name to give other riders pacers to chase if they so desire.

Ok, I didn't enjoy that, impossible to find a steady tempo. 1:21:07 please @Aleman

martin22

Hated that :cry: Right from the start I knew it was all going to go wrong, all I could do was watch @djk slowly inch his way ahead, and those green bits, even they were really hard today!

Anyway not all gloom and doom as when I was rooting in the kitchen cupboards for post ride munchies I discovered a forgotten Easter egg, maybe there is a god after all :biggrin:

1:23:25

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Finally I've got the monkey that is the Colle del Sestriere off my back. Third attempt at this, first time I gave up at 11km, second time I gave up after 3.

1:10:59, not an experience I want to repeat in a hurry.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
It's been a few weeks since my last virtual ride, have actually been managing to get some half decent miles in on the road, however, league means league, so let's tick that one off as done, 1:17:40 for me please @Aleman
Ok, I didn't enjoy that, impossible to find a steady tempo. 1:21:07 please @Aleman
You're doing yourself down there @djk , your ride was 1:20:53 :okay:

@Aleman , could you please update my league time for ride 14? I'll be getting accused of missing cutoffs soon and I posted my time a month ago :whistle:

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/2019-goats-league-climb-14-paso-de-tauro.246469/

Edit: I think I see what's happened, I think you've put my time against Gattorantolo

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Doh!!!, in Mallorca this week so not been able to update league ... Home on Sunday though, so will try and sort then.

Last edited:
Top Bottom