2019 Goats League - *CLOSED* Climb 18 - Col d'Izoard from Arvieux

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Ride opens for attempts at midnight 29th April 2019, and closes on Midnight on the 23rd June 2019, ride must be completed within that window for it to count otherwise you get the time of the slowest rider plus 5%.

Heading back to the alps for an ascent of the Col d'Izoard from Arvieux. Although this is the shorter side at only 13.36m and 974m of ascent, le Tour counts the climb as staring in Guillestre and is actually 19km in length making for an average gradient of only 4.8%. As the guys at BRVR have knocked off the initial 'flat' 6Km you have to deal with a average of 6.9% with the maximum sustained gradient of 10%. Being the generous chaps they are, they have included a small section of dark blue descent :rofl:

The Col d'Izoard has appeared 34 times in le Tour first in 1922, and most recently in 2017 when it featured as the summit finish to the stage, being won by Warren Bargueil.

profile.coldizoard.png

Post your times in the thread and I'll update the Goats League Spreadsheet

Please include your BRVR User/Display Name to give other riders pacers to chase if they so desire.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Well that's the Col d'Eddie Izzard done. 51:56. Used my previous time from 18 months ago for pace. With 2km to go I had roughly 4 minutes which diminished over the next kilometre, just couldn't hold the pace and finished losing 40 seconds of my lead by the time I crossed the line. One for a revisit later this year I think.

Top Bottom