2019 Goats League - *CLOSED* Climb - 7 - Grossglockner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Ride opens for attempts at midnight 11th Feb 2019, and closes on Midnight on the 7th April 2019, ride must be completed within that window for it to count otherwise you get the time of the slowest rider plus 5%.

A nice short, and very picturesque climb for you, the Kaiser Franz Josefs Hohe, or the Grossglockner. My wife has walked this to the waterfall, and I've always wanted to ride it :smile:

494m of Ascent in 7.93 Km - should be a breeze :rofl:

profile.grossglockner.png

Post your times in the thread and I'll update the Goats League Spreadsheet

Please include your BRVR User/Display Name to give other riders pacers to chase if they so desire.

Last edited:

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Now that the Mallorca challenge is over it's back to the goats league, 00:24:49.
As for it being a breeze all I can say is if that's your idea of a breeze I'd hate to be out on a ride with you if it's windy:laugh:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
32:34 for me :heat: thought I had @djk for a while but he shot away on the last hill and I couldn't ease off as @Mugshot was snapping at my heels
Good effort @martin22 , I followed my usual routine of sticking the coach at 200w and choosing a few riders that had ridden around the same time. @djk was so far ahead of that that I didn't even bother chosing him! When it started though I thought as it should be no more than 40 mins I'd try to give it some beans from the get go. Really pleased with my 3.1W/kg, still wouldn't have been any point in putting @djk on there mind, that was a Herculean effort mate, hats off to you!!

martin22

I usually do the ride earlier in the week before most people have done it, so was the first time I'd ridden with others from the league. Definitely makes the ride hurt more as you're trying to keep your position :boxing:

I think if I'd ridden it without pacing against @djk and @Mugshot I'd have ridden it at least a minute slower, you chasing me definitely made me suffer a lot more!

Not sure what was going on last week, just really enjoyed that ride. Not sure it's going to be the same this week though, legs still tired from Golden Gate Canyon.

ibooij

Über Member
Well, that was fun in a strange kind of way. I added ghost for @Crook Town AFC and @Gattorantolo and a coach at 312W, as I determined that that was manageable. I set out to push on the step parts and then cruise at 290-300W on the flat sections. That turned out to go really well. Normally I blow up at 3/4 of the ride but I could keep pushing this time, even almost catching @Crook Town AFC, but he stayed just out of reach with a 5 second advantage.

The result was 24:55, @Aleman

Top Bottom