2019 Structured training

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
With things that went on this year for me I'm quite satisfied with my 2019 Training. I dropped my training FTP by 50w (to 255w, 4.25w/kg) when the chemo started. It seems to have helped me speedwise although my power has went down and it helped me get through. I started the season pre chemo at a race derived FTP of 309w (4.9w/kg, if I have my post op weight right) and finished mid chemo at 266w (4.4w/kg having dropped a few kg). I felt pretty comfortable during that time and speed was fractionally up on the club's sporting course, I'm looking forward to pushing out of that comfort zone without fear of the consequences, however. My 20mins max has came down quite a bit after that but I've never done a sustained effort since the end of the tt season and on intervals its just 209w (an FTP of 199w, 3.3w/kg).

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Haven't used turbo since June. It was dusted down today. Got a ride today so will get back on turbo tomorrow. Apart from hills nothing hard for me for a while. Suspect FTP will have dropped to around 190W. That's ok plenty if time to bring it back up to around 260W by April.

Nebulous

Guru
I've achieved more than I expected this year with an SR and PBP. Started the year with FTP at 218, got it up to 260 and it has since dropped to 245ish. I seem to be doing enough to hold it, but with seasonal food and burning a bit less energy my weight is creeping up.

I'm not sure whether to address that now or wait until after Christmas.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Bugger. Didn't get either of my planned sessions in this week. I blame my wife. She bought a new super comfy mattress. It was much easier getting up early when sleeping on the old sack of half bricks.

With things that went on this year for me I'm quite satisfied with my 2019 Training. I dropped my training FTP by 50w (to 255w, 4.25w/kg) when the chemo started. It seems to have helped me speedwise although my power has went down and it helped me get through. I started the season pre chemo at a race derived FTP of 309w (4.9w/kg, if I have my post op weight right) and finished mid chemo at 266w (4.4w/kg having dropped a few kg). I felt pretty comfortable during that time and speed was fractionally up on the club's sporting course, I'm looking forward to pushing out of that comfort zone without fear of the consequences, however. My 20mins max has came down quite a bit after that but I've never done a sustained effort since the end of the tt season and on intervals its just 209w (an FTP of 199w, 3.3w/kg).
Just did my first sort of sustained effort. I got my schedule wrong and haven't had a break since last Wednesday, I was supposed to have a rest day before the test not battling a head wind :blush: As a result my 20min best was only 261w (FTP 248w or 4.1w/kg). I'll hopefully get a few more watts when I do the test properly but I doubt it'll be as good as my test back in January, I've a long way to go. I also need to figure out this smart trainer the last 10 mins I dropped into 50-55rpm as it upped the resistance to achieve the target power range.

I'll have to figure out a way I can read power off the Turbo untill I get my Power Meter back and follow a workout but not have the turbo go into ERG mode. On my mock FTP test I pedalled/grinder through but had no power tonight when I dropped into the 'spiral of death' 😕

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191212-233039_Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20191212-233039_Connect.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 1
Top Bottom