2021 Goals.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MonsterEnergy

Hi guys
I would like some inspiration for setting goals. Please share your 2021 goals.
I have set up a spreadsheet. 2020 i achieved 1000.04 miles, and in 2021 i am aiming for 1650 miles. So i have broken down into months, and worked out that by march i need to achieve 360 miles, by Jun i need to achieve 800 miles, so on......
Please share your goals.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I just ride my bike and have never kept track of how many miles I do. It is day to day transport, leisure, shopper, going on holiday machine.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
To do a tour. Any tour. I'd settle for riding along the canal towpath from Chirk to Llangollen at this point.
(I don't live anywhere near Chirk.)
Out for a meal and/or going to the pub would be nice too.

Sniper68

It'll be Reyt.
I'd like to get 4000 miles this year.I've done around 2600 in both 2019 and 2020 but I'd like to up it.5000 would be excellent but I'll settle for the 4K:okay:
I'd also like to get the average speed up to 17s/18s but i think those days are gone:ohmy:

lane

Veteran
I did 5,500km last year would be happy with the same again.

I would be absolutely be delighted to do some nice audax rides in a different part of the country and some touring - ideally in nice summer weather - but that is more of an aspiration at the moment than a goal.

dodgy

Mine is simple, bike, me & Apidura race pack with all I need and ride early morning as the sun rises the 40 miles to Coniston or Ullswater. The wife & son will drive across mid morning and meet me for a coffee and some lunch by the lake, maybe a dip in the cool water. Then a steady ride bike home. No records, no strava times, just a brilliant ride. Distant reality at moment

shnjmsn

Über Member
Same cycling goal as usual, 6,214 miles. Most years I do it, a few I don't. But not too bothered. What's far more important is enjoying the miles, any miles, seeing places, touring, bike holidays away and long weekends away........ And being able to stop for a pint and a nice lunch whenever and wherever. Something that we've all struggled with in the last 12 months. so.......... I have a target but how I get to it and what happens on the way to it are the most important things !!!!!! :smile:

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

I'd like to get 4000 miles this year.I've done around 2600 in both 2019 and 2020 but I'd like to up it.5000 would be excellent but I'll settle for the 4K:okay:
I'd also like to get the average speed up to 17s/18s but i think those days are gone:ohmy:
wow
5000 miles would be a great but quite a challenging target.
Well done

Sharky

Guru
My inspiration for 2021 is the same as it has been every year since 1967. That is to ride a few time trials and as an oldie now, to try and beat my age standard for a 10 mile TT.

Some years, life gets in the way, but most years have achieved it.

Top Bottom