2021 Orro Gold Tiagra

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TempleDancer

Bit of a long shot, but does anyone have any views or experience on this:
https://www.wiggle.co.uk/orro-gold-road-bike-tiagra-2021

My employer are sticking to a max of £1000 on their Cycle Scheme, so this is one of the better looking options available to me.

From some digging it looks like an older model frame (Pyro/Gold circa 2015ish). The geometry figures are pretty much bang on what I'm looking for and I've no objections to 10sp Tiagra. I've contacted Orro for more info, but sadly no reply which is a bit off-putting.

Other considerations are Canyon's Endurace or Boardman's SLR, but stock is hard to come by on both.

I've already got an old SS bike for winter duties, so this will be fair-weather-ish rides.

vickster

Legendary Member
Red is lovely.
maybe check what the BB is as there are stories of creaky Orro models with pressfit

vickster

Legendary Member
Assuming a wiggle take your C2W scheme, I’d go for it as I expect it’ll sell out swiftly given the price and general bike shortages

monkers

Veteran
Lovely looking bike that. I've seen one in black in the flesh (as it were), really good finish. There are some Boardmans around otherwise at good prices too at the moment.

DRM

Guru
Can’t comment on Orro as a brand, but my bike has the latest Tiagra on it, and it’s absolutely top notch and smooth

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Looking at the images, it looks like press-fit unfortunately, but I'm happy (well, able) to replace it myself if the worse comes to the worse.

Worth remembering the worst thing the press fit bottom bracket will do is creak - it won't fail on you.

I reckon the vast majority perform correctly, or only creak occasionally.

OP
OP
TempleDancer

TempleDancer

It's gone back up, was £999 at the weekend

Maybe @TempleDancer got his/her order in?

Yep, sadly it has gone back up (though I think that is an inflated price) before I could get my Cycle2Work application in. I've got a window to apply so will see if they re-adjust the price. Annoying as it is a £1000 bike through and through, the £1700 price is just retail rhetoric.

Top Bottom