2021 Orro Gold Tiagra

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monkers

Veteran

OP
OP
TempleDancer

TempleDancer

Yeah the Boardman is (low) on the shortlist. It's not full 105 though, the cranks and brakes are FSA and Tektro respectively. To be frank I'd value full Tiagra over a partial 105.

monkers

Veteran
Yeah the Boardman is (low) on the shortlist. It's not full 105 though, the cranks and brakes are FSA and Tektro respectively. To be frank I'd value full Tiagra over a partial 105.

Just a point to note: many carbon frames use direct mount brake calipers. My Tiagra equipped Trek Emonda does, for example. The Shimano Tiagra groupset does not include direct mount calipers, only 105 upwards. My bike has Tektro brakes, which are actually fine, they are well-finished, quite aero, stop well, and light in weight. I'll probably swap them out for Ultegra at some point soon, the are often found on offer for about £75 per pair, so not too tragic a prospect to have to do this later. The Boardman has long drop calipers, so that it can accommodate mudguards, something my Trek can not do - that's something else to consider before buying new calipers if you go down that route.

I don't have any recent experience with FSA cranksets and bottome brackets, so no comment on that.

Don't forget to budget for pedals, most new bikes don't include pedals these days.

Top Bottom