2024 Races with Spoilers !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It's puzzling that Neiwiadoma doesn't win anything. As she proved today she is strong enough to be at the front but never has the luck or race know how to win. I only watched the highlights but the Women's Flanders race looked more dynamic.
It definitely was. Sadly, Kasia will always get outdone by riders with stronger teams or better sprints and yesterday she faced both.

Big changes for next year, though! The Inner Ring | Tour of Flanders Acquired by Saudi Investors – https://inrng.com/2024/04/ronde-to-riyadh/

Cathryn

Legendary Member
It's puzzling that Neiwiadoma doesn't win anything. As she proved today she is strong enough to be at the front but never has the luck or race know how to win. I only watched the highlights but the Women's Flanders race looked more dynamic.

My theory is that her team isn’t as strong as other teams. Lidl-Trek played the numbers game today and have done so perfectly all season. SDWorx are legion. Canyon rarely has anyone in the front group with Kasia. I think she’d win more in other team. NOT that I think she needs to change team. But I think that’s probably the reason.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Pidders out of the Basque race,crashed on a recon of the course ☹️
Crap coverage for this stage...most of the GC faves will have finished by the time it's on ! I'll wait for the highlights tonight.

The women’s race was PHENOMENAL!!! Utterly thrilled for Elisa and Shirin but also gutted for Kasia!! But what a joy that SDWorx aren’t crushing the season!

Yes, really enjoyed that - a proper scrap!

Meanwhile, I have Questions about this clip from the Men's event:

View: https://twitter.com/faustocoppi60/status/1774540870169043178?t=c8AAyw10lFyIp965ckQu9Q&s=19

Who is the Movistar rider, leading before he had to stop+unclip?
Is that fan really dangling a string of sausages in front of the riders??

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Crap coverage for this stage...most of the GC faves will have finished by the time it's on ! I'll wait for the highlights tonight.
Live on Eurosport 1 with just a short break for the end of the Ronde Mouscron, but it's a time trial so I'm off to watch some paint dry for more excitement. 😴

tarric

Über Member
Yes they all started early as there was bad weather forecast for late afternoon it even snowed for a while, fortunately it only effected a few, Hayter probably the worst, a second half start didn't stop Vine finishing second. They did show recordings of the main competitors runs including Roglic going down the service road then reappearing to cross the line Evenepoel's crash and Vingegaard's in that stupid helmet.

tarric

Über Member
OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
First world tour win for Paul Lapeira AG2R chapeau !
New GC top ten.
Screenshot_20240402-192434.png

Most of the big GC riders didn't go for the sprint due to the wet weather,few crashes as well !
Crapped myself for Tao who looked to go down hard but fingers crossed seems ok.

View: https://twitter.com/LidlTrek/status/1775220144056197202?t=1QDmK8RAY3OAgfKCJ3U9ng&s=19

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Yes, really enjoyed that - a proper scrap!

Meanwhile, I have Questions about this clip from the Men's event:

View: https://twitter.com/faustocoppi60/status/1774540870169043178?t=c8AAyw10lFyIp965ckQu9Q&s=19

Who is the Movistar rider, leading before he had to stop+unclip?
Is that fan really dangling a string of sausages in front of the riders??

I can’t remember who the rider was, but he made a mini break just before the hill.
On Eurosport they said he stopped because he thought he’d lost his chain, but he was just spinning out as he had no grip.
As the captions says, only 3 riders made it up without stopping!
Can’t help with the sausages.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Top Bottom