2024 Races with Spoilers !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tarric

Über Member

Aravis

Putrid Donut
This may be old hat but...

I'm happily watching the Basque race - last hour and a half, live - on a YouTube channel called ProCyclingRaces. I noticed it the other weekend during Gent-Wevelgem which was getting the same treatment. Other good races have also appeared, but not Flanders. Still, at zero cost it's looking good value and I'm hoping that as they had Wevelgem they might also have Amstel. The streams seem to hang around for about a day.

The only foible is that there's no commentry, ambient sound only. OK, that's usually means just the helicopter but it's presence is reassuring. I'm not sure this is what I'd want all the time but I'm finding it curiously liberating. All the onscreen info is there and I can decide for myself what I think is happening, rather than having someone shouting his opinion - valid or otherwise - in my ear.

Anyone else know anything about it?

Big John

Guru

I'm happily watching the Basque race - last hour and a half, live - on a YouTube channel called ProCyclingRaces. I noticed it the other weekend during Gent-Wevelgem which was getting the same treatment. Other good races have also appeared, but not Flanders. Still, at zero cost it's looking good value and I'm hoping that as they had Wevelgem they might also have Amstel. The streams seem to hang around for about a day.

The only foible is that there's no commentry, ambient sound only. OK, that's usually means just the helicopter but it's presence is reassuring. I'm not sure this is what I'd want all the time but I'm finding it curiously liberating. All the onscreen info is there and I can decide for myself what I think is happening, rather than having someone shouting his opinion - valid or otherwise - in my ear.

Aravis you're a scholar and a gentleman! It's brilliant.....other than no commentary.....but at least we get to see the races 👍

slow scot

Veteran

I’ve been using Tiz-Cycling live stream. I watched all of the Tour of Flanders on it.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
really dont think he should be back on a bike, showing signs of concussion
Looks like Bora are trying to get him back for final climb

tarric

Über Member
I’ve been using Tiz-Cycling live stream. I watched all of the Tour of Flanders on it.
I've used Tiz for a while for any races not an Eurosport/Discovery+, it's just the lack of English language commentary in some races that I find off putting.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
oh they certainly eased off , i am surprised they let him back on a bike , he looked as if he was going to fall over backwards at one point before he got back on, hes certainly going to feel it when the adrenalin wears off
Used to it....Roglas lycra repair bill is legendary.

Top Bottom