2026 Races....Spoilers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wakemalcolm

Legendary Member
Location
Ratho
Not won anything since Tour of The Alps GC (and a stage ) in 2023. He's not even really come close - two stage 3rd places in the Giro that year, a handful of WT top tens in '24, 3rd in the Tour of Slovenia GC in '25 and not even a top ten so far this season. We barely even see him in the media. I'm not sure his heart's in it any more tbh. He's 31, he's won the Giro, had appalling luck with illness and injury, and he's surrounded by aliens. Unless he finds a new angle on it, a new way to have fun, I can see him just waving bye-bye and going off to do something different.

Yes, he's never really made it back from needing to have his leg reconstructed since that crash in the Giro.

Another Froome-esque master stroke by SkIneos to let him go.
 

misforturob

Senior Member
Another Froome-esque master stroke by SkIneos to let him go.

Pretty sure he had already signed with Lidl-Trek before the awful Giro crash

A real shame, so much bad luck. He was flying in that Giro too
 

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Location
Brighton
Finn finished off S3 in Sibiu.
Wout Poels at 38 in 2nd on GC is twice his age
 

wakemalcolm

Legendary Member
Location
Ratho
Is that a punishment squad that INEOS have out at Austria? 4 of the 6 could easily be in the TdeF selection with only Oxenberg and August the obvious candidates for what many view as a development stage race.
 

DeadCalm

Well-Known Member
Finn finished off S3 in Sibiu.
Wout Poels at 38 in 2nd on GC is twice his age

Just catching up with this on Tiz, A young bear crosses the road in front of him and Munton on S3. Not something you expect to see every day. Some pretty spectacular scenery, too.

Young Lorenzo took S4 and the GC, as well.

Edit: Actually, I'm confused as to which stages I watched. According to Tiz, I watched S3 but on First Cycling it was S4. I think Tiz missed the first stage and has labelled the stages incorrectly. Either way, Finn took two stages and the overall.
 
Last edited:

Archie from BR

Senior Member
The Ain Bugey Valromey tour starts today for the junior men. On the startlist are Benjamin Noval and Seff Van Kerckhove as stand out favourites. ( Seff is the younger brother of Matisse V K who recently rode in the baby giro)
I think this race will be available on tube for anyone interested
 

Archie from BR

Senior Member
The Ain Bugey Valromey tour starts today for the junior men. On the startlist are Benjamin Noval and Seff Van Kerckhove as stand out favourites. ( Seff is the younger brother of Matisse V K who recently rode in the baby giro)
I think this race will be available on tube for anyone interested

Just had another look at the startlist and there is a 17 yr old called Nino Seixas on there, yes Pauls young brother .
 

DeadCalm

Well-Known Member
The Ain Bugey Valromey tour starts today for the junior men. On the startlist are Benjamin Noval and Seff Van Kerckhove as stand out favourites. ( Seff is the younger brother of Matisse V K who recently rode in the baby giro)
I think this race will be available on tube for anyone interested

Thanks. I'd missed that it was starting today. I'm looking forward to seeing Seff Van Kerckhove (who I'm claiming for Thailand as it was where he was born) up against Noval. Team grenke - Auto Eder are usually strong.

A livestream is available here, https://www.tvo.bike/en/ain-bugey-valromey-tour-2026/
 

DeadCalm

Well-Known Member
Is that a punishment squad that INEOS have out at Austria? 4 of the 6 could easily be in the TdeF selection with only Oxenberg and August the obvious candidates for what many view as a development stage race.

Gregor Mühlberger, currently trying to prove a point to the Decathlon bosses who de-selected him from the TDF squad, has won the first two stages. Given his de-selection was made to make space for Olav Kooij's leadout, I'm not sure the Decathlon bosses will be losing any sleep over their decision. His de-selection may have also been related to the news reported during yesterday's stage that he, along with Felix Gall, will switch from Decathlon to Lidl-Trek next season.
 
Top Bottom