205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I think he just carried on the challenge.
Ok ta :okay:.
In which case his average distance a day to tie of 277 miles according to the HAMR spreadsheet would be correct. You have to assume that it's pretty much over already really. It's a shame they aren't showing it with Steve restart, just his original start date, I guess it's to do with the concurrent challenge.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
From Jo from the other place

ay 281 / 62: More of the same from Kurt – 218 fast miles ridden from Little Rock. Steve rides a fenland loop for 209 miles, moving him steadily towards that WR pace. He has now been moving on his bike for exactly 50% of every hour of 2015, including his time when recovering after his broken ankle. Another comparatively short day from Miles, covering 126 miles of the bay.

oyttDay281.png

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Day 282 / 63: Familiar roads for all three riders. Kurt has a semi-recovery day with 122 miles covered at a slightly slower pace (by Kurt standards). Nevertheless he continues with a 500 mile buffer over the record pace and only 13 weeks to go. Steve rides for 211 miles in good autumn weather. Rebooted October Steve is now 1000 miles ahead of March Steve and 75 behind WR pace. Miles rides 118 miles – a steady accumulation – but his overall daily average is taking him further and further away from the pace he requires to have a realistic chance of the record. He now has to make up approximately 8,400 miles on top of a 206 mpd average to take the record from Tommy (and probably more if Kurt raises it further).

oyttDay282.png

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Just been reading the comments on Strava for Steves ride yesterday;

Shammy Moyalan Dominic

It's just unbelievable dear . I think you are not a human you are a cycling Robert . God bless you . Out pray's are with you

Shammy is from India, I'm not making fun, but it did make me smile.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Tarzan Rides the HAM'R Kurt Searvogel
18 hrs ·
Kurt was just plain tired yesterday and I was down after a reaction from a dental procedure, so that didn't help. If I go down, he goes down. He asked me, "Is this were we fell off the mountain?" I said, "No, we fell into a crevasse and now we are dangling by our ropes. If the rope breaks we fall into the dark cold abyss below. We need to find a way to climb out or wait to be rescued." Boys and girls, it's getting tough. There was a Wounded Warriors riding event this morning and he planned to ride with Ben. This got him to climb back into the saddle. His motivation lowers in the evening and that's when I need to get out there. To the cyclists in the Little Rock area, you have no idea how encouraging it is for Kurt that you show up, turn around on your own training, ask him to join your group ride, etc... know that you've come to the rescue. Thank you. ~ Alicia

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Day 283 / 64: Kurt is back on form with a 220 mile local ride including joining the start of Wounded Warrior event and some much needed company on the road. Steve knocks out another eastward loop for 213 miles on his refurbished bike taking him to around 67 miles shy of WR pace. Miles does more bay riding for another 178 miles towards his total.

oyttDay283.png

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Day 284 / 65: Kurt does a couple of longer loops to the south of Little Rock before finishing on his usual river trail for a day's total of 227 miles. Steve loops 209 miles east via Thetford Forest inching him closer to that WR line. Miles continues with 177 miles of repeats of the northern section of the bay road.

oyttDay284.png

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Day 285 / 66: After a van fuelling mixup, Kurt is left without motorised support, but nevertheless completes 215 miles of local riding. Steve tries an out and back route through Essex for 207 miles. Miles does a single bay trip for 75 miles.

oyttDay285.png

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I'm becoming a big Miles fan. Sure, he's unlikely to pass the Godwin mark, or the Searvogel mark, or the Abraham mark, but he's achieving something pretty incredible all the same.

Go Miles!
I like him, I like his little write ups and he posts some good pics. He certainly sounds like he's having an adventure and that's to be applauded in itself. I'm certainly not taking anything away from what he's done or what he is likely to do, but as a challenger, nah.

Top Bottom