205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
Well it is 1120 am and I thought there was snow up there? And he has done 63 miles

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Tweets

Well fed and on the road at 5
Crashed trying to avoid Jack who came off on icy bend Jack came off worst and went home

And

Coffee and cake therapy in Oundle to get out of cold and give ice on roads time to melt #faffing

He needs a pair of ice tyres, he might be slower but at least he will be able to keep going.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
it's the slower bit.

He's weighed it up and decided that as he's mainly going to be on main roads, the extra weight and drag isn't worth it. It's the same with why he's using battery lights over dynamos. Every little helps I suppose, and breaking the record means taking a few chances.

Yesterday he rode a short stretch of the A14 near Huntingdon I don't even like driving in a car.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
One junction from the junction south of the A45 to the A45 roundabout, then out west along the A45 from there.

I would have missed it but it was flagged by one of the other spectators on YACF

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
it's the slower bit.

He's weighed it up and decided that as he's mainly going to be on main roads, the extra weight and drag isn't worth it. It's the same with why he's using battery lights over dynamos. Every little helps I suppose, and breaking the record means taking a few chances.

Yesterday he rode a short stretch of the A14 near Huntingdon I don't even like driving in a car.

Probably a good call, they do take a lot more effort to move slower than on a normal tyre

OP
OP
Dave Davenport
A nice spread sheet showing progress of the 3 challengers HERE
The mileage for William can't be right, it's about the same as mine.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
A nice spread sheet showing progress of the 3 challengers HERE
Anyone know what happened to tommy on 28th october, it is the only day he recorded zero miles.
He did 200+ miles the day before and the day after, so i doubt he was ill.
Just looking at the mileage through the summer months makes me feel sick, daily figures of plus 250 miles, one day was 350!!

Anyone know what happened to tommy on 28th october, it is the only day he recorded zero miles.
He did 200+ miles the day before and the day after, so i doubt he was ill.
Just looking at the mileage through the summer months makes me feel sick, daily figures of plus 250 miles, one day was 350!!

On 26 October 1939 Godwin rode into Trafalgar Square having completed 62,658 mi (100,838 km), gaining the record with two months to spare. He rode through the winter to complete 75,065 mi (120,805 km) in the year.

probably had a hangover (must have ridden home first to celebrate)

Top Bottom