23s on Fixed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Cheers everyone, suitably reassured I've gone for 23s on the new bike. Most of the roads round here are ok, it's only selected country roads that do good impressions of rough trails, I can just slow down for them.

What new bike did you get? Did you finally get the Mash?

OP
OP
colinr

colinr

I bottled on the Mash, just too expensive!

Went with Leader 722TS frame, Leader S803 fork and Ambrosio wheelset off Planet X (the hubs are Miche, branded Ambrosio, which is nice)

Most parts ordered, then I just have to buy beer for friends with tools and knowhow to get it together.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I bottled on the Mash, just too expensive!

Went with Leader 722TS frame, Leader S803 fork and Ambrosio wheelset off Planet X (the hubs are Miche, branded Ambrosio, which is nice)

Most parts ordered, then I just have to buy beer for friends with tools and knowhow to get it together.

Ah, yeah they are over priced for what they are. Yeah its a nice tubeset etc, but I dont know why it would be worth an extra £200 over the Vigorelli other than its more fashionable. Some dude from york Fixed Gear lot had his Mash with a HED-3 front wheel and H+Son rear wheel jacked today, just seen on their blog.

Nice, wheels are the white ones I'm guessing? You re-using your old chainset etc? Planet X are doing a good price on Miche and Stronglight chainsets etm.

OP
OP
colinr

colinr

I believe the term is "hipster tax" ;)
Heard about that stolen Mash too, it looks great, hope he gets it back.

The new bike is all brand new parts, nothing worth saving on the Bowery and means I can sell it as a complete bike / keep it as a pub bike. Wheels are indeed white, I also bought a Stronglight crankset + BB from Planet X for £65, bargain!

Waiting on auctions for bars so I can decide on the last few things I need to order.

Top Bottom