24inch girls bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
Can anyone recommend a decent budget girls bike (circa £150). I've come across the carrera Saruna from halfords which seems a decent deal for the price but is there nothing else out there anyone has noticed? I'm not worried bout the halfords built option as I'm more than capable having stripped and rebuild several bikes.

I'm not fussed on suspension as it only adds weight and my daughter is tall and has a skinny build. Hybrid tyres are also preferred to MTB

If there are any outstanding bargains I may reconsider the above but it would have to be mega. Second hand would be a consideration but fleabay seems to be full of apollo and trax.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Is it me or is 24" massive???
As I understand it 24" = 60cm.
Have I got this completely wrong :blush:

KneesUp

Guru
Kids bikes are sized by the wheels - so for example my daughter (5) has a 16in bike.

@Kevoffthetee - second-hand is definitely best for kids bikes. The aforementioned 16ion bike was £30 and hardly used. I could have got the same thing new for £150 though.

And don't worry about it being a "girls" bike. Kids bikes are all the same, just painted differently and given different accessories. TBH it annoys me that gender stereotypes are used on everything now. DDs bike is - according to the manufacturer - a "boy's bike" - I think it's because it's blue, which coincidentally is her favourite colour on the days when it isn't green.

OP
OP
Kevoffthetee

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
Cheers everyone I'm watching a few on th'ebay which are girls and neutral looking boys bikes. I suppose the thing with kids this age are that they grow out of things in no time so everyone upgrades at some point

jnrmczip

Cheers everyone I'm watching a few on th'ebay which are girls and neutral looking boys bikes. I suppose the thing with kids this age are that they grow out of things in no time so everyone upgrades at some point

This is the problem I have at the moment he won't stop growing. I think I may have to buy the smallest adult size bike for him as he is taller than any other kid his age. It may be just a little big but I think anything smaller may be just a waste of money as it will be a little to small and won't get much use of it. Looks like a trip to the bike shop on friday to test out some bikes see which option to go with.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
http://www.decathlon.co.uk/24-poply-500-kids-bike-id_8279613.html
I just sold a 20 " wheeled one on fleabay i had picked up ages ago as i meant to de pink it for my lad but he wanted a mtb type and time for me to do it, i was very impressed with it .
They do have different colours .
zoom_3e8ac90a24d3422fa218f4585cd43774.jpg

leyton condor

Veteran
image.jpg
I have a pinnacle Aura 24" bike for sale. It's in the classifieds here somewhere. I am in London though which might be a problem. Let me know if you are interested.

OP
OP
Kevoffthetee

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
Hi, I'm watching a few bikes locally but thanks for the heads up

Top Bottom