25 mm tyre on a Mavic 19mm rim?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Mavic say 28 minimum google finds other people put 25 on them . Sheldon says 28 but then says that the graph is conservative and you can go outside it.

Got the wheels/25 c tyres on the bike they look absolutely normal clinchy bits seemed to lock into the rim as normal.

would like to move up to 28 0r even 32 at some point but just got new tyres and not sure bigger will work with mud guards.

28 is not always 28 in tyre world. Some 28s may fit with your mudguards, others won't. Borrow one before you try. I very much doubt a 32 will work. If it is a standard racer, the tyre will touch somewhere and the seat will not be secure in the rim. Don't.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
If it's a 19 mm rim, then anywhere from 28mm to 48mm should be fine. That's just the rim, though, you'll need to check if the tyre rubs on mudguards or the frame. I assume it's not a road bike?

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

Thanks for the replies ,the bike is an aluminium synapse disc .

Just ridden it a few miles feels great tyres look nice and round in profile. Suck it and see I think.

Just looking at it Im sure the 32 tyres will fit but not with guards (got some old 32 racelights in the shed to try one day ).

tyres went on the Mavic rims easilly . Nice and true straight out of the box delivered from Merlin within the 1 hour time slot. For the type of riding I do The little bit of extra weight is worth the trade off to have a really strong wheelset.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

If anyone is interested I have ridden a few thousand miles on them now (Mavic 19mm rim with 25c tyres )with no problems at all.
would like to go with bigger tyres but not enough clearance.

Top Bottom