25 years to late

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think the chances of a vaccine, tried and tested, and crucially, available to all by the end of the year are remote.
Obviously, historically that would be the case but with the improvements in technology and the resources that are being thrown at developing vaccines I think that they might just have (a non-Russian, properly tested!) one ready by the end of this year, or the start of next.

I have read some interesting articles and watched interviews with top scientists in the field explaining how they are going about it.

As for availability of a vaccine once developed... Governments are pre-producing millions of doses of the best candidates before they are even shown to be safe and effective so if one of those passes all the tests it should be available immediately. That's great for those of us in the developed world, but people in poorer countries may have to wait much longer.

Group riding is off the menu for me at the moment, not least because I am physically unable to ride a bike.

On the bright side, I am now shuffling about on my feet having been all but confined to a wheelchair six weeks ago, so progress is being made.
I had been meaning to contact you again to see how you were doing. I'm glad to hear that there has been some improvement!

Hopefully, two things will have happened by next year's cycling season.

I will have made enough progress to manage a group ride, and there will have been enough general virus progress for you to feel able to organise one.
Yes, fingers crossed!

gbs

Guru
A small village called Gilberdyke
OMG, I see that is close to Riplingham. About 65 yrs ago I spent a summer riding in that area riding what I thought were big hills - very enjoyable. Like you I resumed cycling late in life and have never regretted it; probably kept me sane this year and has contributed to comparatively good health and mobility. Keep at it and as someone said don't fret about what others may think.

Top Bottom