26" mudguards for tourer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robjh

Legendary Member
I want to replace these 26" mudguards on my tourer, as the front one is broken and the rear one now has cracks in.
DSC_0166.JPG

They look rather like some SKS models but have no identifying marks, and are about 15 years old now and probably not identical to anything currently available.

I'm looking for the same sort of thing - 26", pretty durable, width 60mm to cope with widish tyres as shown, and preferably with mudflaps. The SJS cycles site has some interesting ones, eg.M:Parts Primoplastic or Axiom Roadrunner LX in black, or even SKS Commuter (though I wonder about the stability of the parallel stays).

Does anyone have any experience of these products, or suggestions?

arch684

Veteran
I have just received a set of 26inch sks cromoplastic mudgaurds from sjs cycles for a tourer i'm building.They seem sturdy enough but no mud flap on the rear but it would be easy to fit the flap from one you already have

I think SKS chromoplastics are fine.

One of the best things is that they can be repaired for several years with silver duct tape.

If you aren't in a rush to sort your issue and don't mind your bike looking a bit tatty (to some) but also less nickable, you could always try this.

I actually have a spare rear SKS ready to fit to my part time tourer but haven't bothered to fit it - the two times repairs with duct tape are holding up just fine.

Top Bottom