28's or 32's (tyres) for Boardman CX

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tigger

Über Member
How about a 30mm Marathon Racer. Bang in the middle ^_^

Don't forget your rim width has a bearing on the rear world width of the tyre. Wider rims = wider profile than narrow rims.

OP
OP
jamin100

jamin100

Guru
How about a 30mm Marathon Racer. Bang in the middle ^_^

Don't forget your rim width has a bearing on the rear world width of the tyre. Wider rims = wider profile than narrow rims.

Yeh that's what I think I'm going to go for at the moment. There only £20 a piece at sjs

tigger

Über Member
Yeh that's what I think I'm going to go for at the moment. There only £20 a piece at sjs

Yep, thats where I got mine - which is also on a Boardman CX ^_^. I ride mainly road and some hardpacked railway trails. They've been very good so far (done about 200 miles on them). I'm lucky that I don't commute as such so don't have to worry about glass or debris on city roads, but they seem pretty resilient.

Sadly the bike is with Halfords now as the BB went after about 300 miles. Surprised they didn't recall these really given the issues, but hey ho just a minor glitch... Great bike.

New wheels for xmas maybe. Thinking H Plus Son Archetype rims, Hope Evo II hubs and Sapim D light or DT Swiss Super comps. Should knock 450-500 grams off the wheelset whilst giving a stiffer, more comfortable and better handling wheel (23mm rim). Then it should be bang on...

Top Bottom