28th September - Bath to Bristol Path

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
is home to a charity event a bit like a cross between the Brompton World Championships and the Tweed Run except everyone taking part will be on longboards not bikes.

I'm trying to sort the logistics of toddling along but I'm told the cycling fraternity in the Brizzle and Bath may not be aware, and am conscious there was conflict between some cyclists and the 'boarders last year so I thought I'd give a heads up to the CC fraternity.

@User482 you're that way, no?

the_mikey

Legendary Member
It happens from time to time, I wouldn't get upset over it, the surface on the B2B path is poor and pretty hard going on big bicycle wheels, I doubt they'll have an easy time of it.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
It all depends where on the path & what time. I would suggest saturday morning as it's fairly quiet. Afternoons can be a bit crowded as it's main commute-to-town time and also the dog walkers/joggers/extended families are out for a walk, especially if the weather is good. From Staple Hill tunnel onwards to Bath gets crowded. The path surface isn't the best, being about 30 years old and boarders will get to find out where the tree-root damage is:whistle:. I would suggest a staggered start.

Top Bottom