2nd Wheelsets for Bicycle Touring?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RollingNoMad

I have a big Question about Wheelsets for Bicycle Touring?

Feedback is helpful and Appreciated

I am really like to get a 2nd Custom 26" Wheelset as a Spare Wheelsets in my Storage unit. And This is so I can get my 2013 Custom 26 Wheelset trued at the Bicycle Shop in San Diego, CA

I have two rims

New Sun Ringle Rhyno Lite XL Rim 36 holes 26in
New Velocity Cliffhanger Rim 36 holes 26in

My Custom Wheelset has Rear Sun Ringle Rhyno Lite XL Rim 36 holes with Rear Shimano XT FH-M756A 6-Bolt Disc Hubs and Front Velocity Cliffhanger Rim 36 holes with Front Shimano XT HB-M756 6-Bolt Disc Hubs both 26in Rims

I have the Surly LHT 26in 52cm 2008 Touring Bicycle and
I really don't know if I would buy a New Touring Bicycle like the Masi Giramando 700c 2018
31723298_1684465721629948_3843529876292239360_n.jpg

Milkfloat

An Peanut
What’s your question caller?

I am confused, you want to fit disc wheels to a vee braked bike, you want new wheels, you want someone to true you existing wheelset or you want a new bike?

OP
OP
RollingNoMad

RollingNoMad

What’s your question caller?

I am confused, you want to fit disc wheels to a vee braked bike, you want new wheels, you want someone to true you existing wheelset or you want a new bike?
When I got my New Wheelset Custom made on 10-2013 and I used Shimano XT m756 Disc 6-Bolt Hubs and Shimano XT Rim Brakes Hubs was no longer made in 2013 and Now you can get Shimano XT Rim Brakes Hubs and I am using 14-15-14 gauge 3 spoke lacing and the Hubs need to be sames as the one's from 2013 Shimano XT m756 Disc 6-Bolt Hubs and What if I decided to buy a new Touring Bicycle frame for Disc Brakes? and Please think about that... and I am looking at the Soma Saga Disc Frameset 26in 52cm
soma-saga-disc-frame.jpeg

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
I am really like to get a 2nd Custom 26" Wheelset as a Spare Wheelsets in my Storage unit. And This is so I can get my 2013 Custom 26 Wheelset trued at the Bicycle Shop in San Diego, CA

You shouldn't need a spare wheelset to get your wheels trued. Truing a wheel takes minutes. Perhaps your BS is too busy to do it quickly enough for you, if that is the case then ask another BS to true your wheelset or ask whoever built the wheels in the first place if that is possible.

OP
OP
RollingNoMad

RollingNoMad

You shouldn't need a spare wheelset to get your wheels trued. Truing a wheel takes minutes. Perhaps your BS is too busy to do it quickly enough for you, if that is the case then ask another BS to true your wheelset or ask whoever built the wheels in the first place if that is possible.
Hey Spoked Wheels: I only have one Touring Bicycle the Surly LHT 26in 52cm 2008 and I maybe upgrading my Frameset to Disc Brakes ASAP.. and I am going to buy the Soma Saga Disc Brakes 26in 52cm Frameset? and I am saving $130.00USD to 4-2020 for the Soma Saga Disc Brakes frameset for my Bicycle Touring Trips in the USA. and I have been thinking about Disc Brakes since 2012 but I don't if I will go Disc Brakes

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Hey Spoked Wheels: I only have one Touring Bicycle the Surly LHT 26in 52cm 2008 and I maybe upgrading my Frameset to Disc Brakes ASAP.. and I am going to buy the Soma Saga Disc Brakes 26in 52cm Frameset? and I am saving $130.00USD to 4-2020 for the Soma Saga Disc Brakes frameset for my Bicycle Touring Trips in the USA. and I have been thinking about Disc Brakes since 2012 but I don't if I will go Disc Brakes

I see, in that case my first post still applies and get another set of custom wheels AFTER you buy a new disc frameset.

Top Bottom