3/4 bibs for long ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
It's the bum that comes with a time limit irrespective of what pad is in your shorts. With practice though you can extend your time in the saddle. It's surprising how soon you will acclimatise, as long as your saddle setup is correct.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Would have thought 3/4 a bit warm for the Fred Whitton. The hills will keep you warm enough even if very wet.
The weather can be bad up there. I will have to take a vast range up with me and decide on the morning.

Globalti

Legendary Member
No, in mid-season weather Roubaix bibs are perfect for keeping the core and the thighs warm. Once it hits about 18c I'll exhume the shorts from the back of the drawer.

Dave7

Legendary Member
As THE world expert of sore a**e syndrome I wear Endura Pros. With my cheaper Funkier shorts I can manage 25 miles and suffer for days. With the Endura I can do 50 with no real after affects.
Having said that that, I don't ride much in these cold months and that will affect my distance until I get acclimatised again.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
As THE world expert of sore a**e syndrome I wear Endura Pros. With my cheaper Funkier shorts I can manage 25 miles and suffer for days. With the Endura I can do 50 with no real after affects.
Having said that that, I don't ride much in these cold months and that will affect my distance until I get acclimatised again.

Goes to show how everyone's arse is different. My newest Funkier shorts only get used for >30 mile rides or if I am a little tender from repeated rides with less comfy padding.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Goes to show how everyone's arse is different. My newest Funkier shorts only get used for >30 mile rides or if I am a little tender from repeated rides with less comfy padding.
Indeed.....you are 100% correct.
But as I said.....I like to feel I am the leading expert on sore arses :wacko:

Top Bottom