3/4 bibs for long ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
I want some 3/4 for Freddy Whitton but they seem to be for up to 3 hours riding. I need them to be comfortable for 8 hours. Any recommendations?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Bibs shorts and knee warmers is what I go for. That way I get to use my posh endurance shorts.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Bibs shorts and knee warmers is what I go for. That way I get to use my posh endurance shorts.

This is my default option too - I've got some B'twin 700 shorts and a set of Planet X knee warmers and have done loads of all day rides in them.

I've also got a pair of Planet X 365 3/4s and while they're very comfortable I can't recall wearing them for more than a four or five hour ride.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Best value is dhb from Wiggle, I love their Roubaix-lined bibs as they do a great job of keeping the thigh muscles at the right temperature and are comfortable all day. I retired my first pair after easily ten years. After dhb look at Lusso, they manufacture in Manchester just down the road from my workplace and if their bib shorts are anything to go by, their 3/4 bibs must be excellent.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I want some 3/4 for Freddy Whitton but they seem to be for up to 3 hours riding. I need them to be comfortable for 8 hours. Any recommendations?

I’ve never heard of this before. Clothing which is comfortable for three hours and then becomes uncomfortable? Bizarre.

I have two comments;

No.1 would be the manufacturer is producing a rubbish product and should be avoided. I can’t quite believe such things exist.

No. 2 have you considered buying unpadded bib longs to wear over the top of shorts? I’ve done this successfully for years. It saves the hassle of finding something with a pad which is comfortable for you as presumably you already have comfy shorts.

Last edited:

DRM

Guru
+1 for what Globalti says, Wiggles DHB brand are very good value, I have a pair of their flash light reflective bib tights that are warm & comfy, also have a look at Castelli cafe in the sale section and the same on Santini's web site for top notch discounted kit, you mention about them being comfy for only 3 hours, this wouldn't be the tosh that Decathlon write on their product descriptions would it, as for bib shorts I've also got the Pro series from Aldi & they've been very good value for money, & comfy too.
Also PaulSB makes a good point about buying unpadded & wearing them over bib shorts

Top Bottom