3 Miles in Cleats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Octet

Octet

Veteran
If I he had a multi tool he could have fixed his chain

Well I had the chain tool with me, but I just didn't think it through :blush:

jim55

Guru
in a similiar vein my bike overshifted by the big ring ,and rather than just being able to put it back on ,it decided to wrap around and through the bit of the sprocket where theres a gap.
i couldnt get it back through ,so i had to split the chain ,no problem normally,but its kinda hard when uv took the chain splitter out the bag and left it at home :blush: ,had to walk for ages but i had spds on so not as bad as spd-sl,,but ill tell u what ,you dont half feel self conscious as you walk down the high street in lycra ,you know what i mean stuff on display,could have done with a banana (and not for eating lol)^_^

lesson learned --always carry a banana,,,,,i mean ,,,chain splitter :becool:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I'd have put the seat down and used the bike as a push along, or scooted on the pedals. I had to scoot a mile or so when my chain broke and I didn't have the correct tool on me :shy:

OP
OP
Octet

Octet

Veteran
Never mind I am not going to rub it in, but get a quick link then next time just remove the rest of the link pop in the quick link and carry on as you were.

Will do :thumbsup:

I need to get some other bits and bobs, so it gives me an excuse to go to the LBS.

Hip Priest

Veteran
I never take my chain tool out with me, but I might now!

I once walked a mile or so in my SPD-SLs and when I took them off I felt like I was going to fall forward.

Berties

Fast and careful!
I gave a chap a side by side tow with a broken chain last month for about 3 miles ,killed my shoulders but got him home happy!

Globalti

Legendary Member
The only "get you home" tool I don't carry on the road bike is a chain tool, I just inspect and clean my chain regularly, change it when worn and hope that in the extremely unlikely event of it snapping, a passing farmer's Land Rover or a van would give me a lift home or to the nearest bike shop. I wouldn't hesitate to shoulder the bike then stand by the road looking pathetic with my thumb out.

Top Bottom