3 Pistes Cycle Scottish Highands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Waspie

Über Member
TBH my concern was more putting the bikes in the lutons on the way back. "we accept no responsibility for scratches or damages". "Bring a sheet or cover for your bike". GIVES ME THE FEAR!

I think it is easier than it looks @tug benson. Ride at your pace and by the end you will be fine. Pints after would be awesome but i'm homebound. :-(

I done a 104 mile ride yesterday with 6000ft + climbing at 19.5 mph so feel my form should be good enough for 3 pistes. Some cracking climbs though!!

Yesterdays ride for the data nerds (like moi).

Aye, that gives me the fear as well.

That's some speed for the terrain, as Tug says, it sounds like you guys will belt round the course.

I had planned 2 decent distances this weekend as I haven't done a long one since Kinross. Managed a fairly sedate 80 odd miler on Saturday, the weather put paid to Sunday's ride. Not ideal but I'm sure it will be fine (unless we get weather like yesterday - then I'm oot!).

Aye, that gives me the fear as well.

That's some speed for the terrain, as Tug says, it sounds like you guys will belt round the course.

I had planned 2 decent distances this weekend as I haven't done a long one since Kinross. Managed a fairly sedate 80 odd miler on Saturday, the weather put paid to Sunday's ride. Not ideal but I'm sure it will be fine (unless we get weather like yesterday - then I'm oot!).
Went out for an hour yesterday and it stayed dry!! :smile:
Think it was the only hour where it was dry! Lol.

There should be 5 or 6, at least, of my club mates there. If you see a mini train of green and blue, then jump on the back and tag along. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
tug benson

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Started using a foam roller tonight to try and help cure my tight IT band for this sundays ride...i would rather get hit in the head with a hammer than than put myself through this pain every day, i never thought it would be this sore..

format

Über Member
Started using a foam roller tonight to try and help cure my tight IT band for this sundays ride...i would rather get hit in the head with a hammer than than put myself through this pain every day, i never thought it would be this sore..

Keep at it! I used to get really sore knee as a result of a tight ITB. Used the foam roller regularly in combination with an elastic exercise band to strengthen the leg and i don't get any pain there at all anymore!

It's sore but worth it.

Tug stick at it. It will make the world of a difference and become quite routine.

Angus444

Good luck to all Cycle Chat-ers on 3 Pistes tomorrow....... Watch the descents, (fair bit of gravel on some stretches last week) and enjoy, yes ENJOY the climbing.......just fast forward to Sunday night and the last thing you think about before falling asleep will be 'I DID IT!!' Remember to drink and eat regularly. One last thing.....when you get past Cockbridge, and think that there's no way you can keep going, just look up to the left and you'll see the ski pylons.....you're just about there!!!!
Stay safe!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
tug benson

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Just about to leave Alloa...If anybody spots a overweight ginger riding a black and touch of blue giant TCR bike then don't be scared to say hello

this bike

?size=l.jpg

Waspie

Über Member
:ohmy:
I made the route up on strava and tbh the elevation the organisers claim is way wrong. Strava looks more accurate, sadly.

http://app.strava.com/routes/393051

Looks like 3000+ metres of climbing. Love the estimated completion time too, lol.
:ohmy: Wish I'd seen that profile before I went out for a cycle this morning. Might have been better resting my legs.
Can't wait though.
I'll take that completion time!

Top Bottom