3 Ponies on My commute - darn Cheek!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've just had the best ride home - had 3 teenage girls on ponies hammer through the woods overtaking me as I pedalled up a long slow hill.

Got to the top, and found them dawdling, resting the ponies, so I cheerfully caught them up expecting them to move over so I could pass. The cheeky little toads took one look at me, with my rucksack and five year old on board and decided that they weren't having that, and took off!

So I thought, b*gger that and I took off too.:tongue:
Caught them up pretty quickly - don't know who was more surprised, me or them.

Upshot was that I pretty much slipstreamed the rear pony for about 3 miles...(what's the correct term for that..."on the hoof" ?) - totally hilarious, as every now and then one of them would look round and be stunned that I was still there right behind them.:thumbsup:

Never had so much fun. :blush::biggrin:

When they gave up turned off near the end of my school run, the three of them just stood there with their mouths open in disbelief as little one and I waved cheerfully and thanked them for making it so much fun.

Can't wait till next time...:tongue:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Slipstreaming a pony, that has to be euphemism for something!

I'd be wary of slip streaming too closely though, they can poo on the move....:thumbsup:

Arch

Married to Night Train
badkitty said:
Eeek! In that case a doubly good day, since I wasn't pooed on either!

Thanks for the warning Arch...:thumbsup:

Funnily enough, though, they have to stop for a pee. A wily riding school nag can take advantage of this when tired, they stop and get into the stance (sort of braced), and the rider has to stand up in the stirrups and shift forward a bit (it takes the pressure off some nerve or something). Then you're left hovering in the saddle, until they decide they didn't want to go anyway, and walk on, only to stop again after 3 laps....

Top Bottom