3 weeks off the bike so far!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rustybucket

Veteran
Im going crazy - 3 weeks off of the bike so far, God knows when my back will get better!

Im hoping im back by November - Ive already put 1 stone on & missed 3 sportives!!

vickster

Legendary Member
What have you done to it?

vickster

Legendary Member
I know what you mean. I'm 6 months into biceps tendinitis for not dissimilar reasons!
Hope you are having physio :smile: and doing Pilates

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Though I'm not a sportive rider, I too am pretty much off the bike with a back problem - it's something between nerves and a muscle in my lower back. I did manage a very gentle 6 miles or so this morning and I'll see whether it's done any damage. I've pretty much been off the bike for 3 weeks too. I'm missing it badly. There's a little Thames Meander ride tonight that I'd love to go on but I'll have to make do with providing midnight refreshments - well, just brandyactually - by the river before limping home again afterwards.

Best wishes. My bad back is playing up at the moment as well, too much sitting over the last week or so. Weight went on to me very quickly as well. Thankfully only the 1½ stone but it is going to take some shifting (that was when my back went at the end of last year).

Hope you are not off it for too much longer than you expect.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
GWS
Its very easy to put on weight as you get used to eating a certain amount but your not burning the calories.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Hope you're back in the saddle soon. A few years ago I was off work & the bike with my back & the weight piled on :sad: It turned out that cycling was actually beneficial for my back, I had several exercises from the physio & chiro, but I find now I'm cycling a lot more I can get away without doing the other exercises

OP
OP
Rustybucket

Rustybucket

Veteran
Thanks for all the good wishes! I'm seeing a chiropractor at the moment and also just bought the yoga for cyclists book!

It's just so frustrating, I thought I was going to get through the year without any injuries! Wishful thinking!

I guess I just need to try and build my back and core up again!

I'm missing out on an 200k audax this weekend too, which was booked ages ago!

Moaning over for today!

Top Bottom