3 year old banned from cycling outside of house ... because she might scratch a car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Just a thought, is this a private road? This cul-de-sac. Just wondering as a bike is technically a mode of transport and I cannot see how you could ban a bike from a public road.
probably adopted. And, as one of the respondents in the local paper pointed out, the poverty of the 'landscaping' tells you where they're coming from.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Boris, ignoring you is not possible :biggrin:
Oh, trust me, it's very possible

Ern1e

Über Member
A housing association spokesman said: “L&Q strives to create places where people want to live but unfortunately due to the concern of the local residents we had to enforce a ‘no bikes no ball games’ policy around the area.”
Who the h*ll would want to live on that cul-de-sac looks to me like any one living there dare not do anything,say anything or what ever. I think we all need to get down there and help the poor souls escape !!!

stowie

Legendary Member
On the L&Q website one of the banner adverts reads "free summer activities for children and young people". Presumably this is being held far away from the cul-de-sac full of the residents' precious cars, maybe somewhere where they will be able to use those cars to travel to the event.

L&Q have bought up Walthamstow Stadium and some other sites around E17/E10/E4. They seem somewhat dogged by controversy - at one point they were cancelling meetings on the stadium plans because they felt "intimidated" by the dog owners and MPs who were opposing. It has to be pointed out that one of the MPs was Iain Duncan Smith who presumably was intimidating by being very, very quiet.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
In my road the most noisy things are cars. The guy down the road who starts his diesel taxi at 5am and leaves it to warm up for 15 minutes is the biggest offender.
Unless he sits in it for the whole 15 minutes that is an offence. HC Rule 123

My neighbour used to go out and send away the kids from outside our close who came in to ride round.

Tim Hall

Unless he sits in it for the whole 15 minutes that is an offence. HC Rule 123
Surely if the car is empty and the engine running, it should be made safe by having the keys should be removed and handed in at the nearest police station as lost property?

Domeo

L&Q have bought up Walthamstow Stadium and some other sites around E17/E10/E4. They seem somewhat dogged by controversy .

L&Q are filling every square inch that isn't claimed and sticking their bloody flats everywhere. All the green space or potential greenspace in the borough is being sucked out by these people, but you are not not allowed to say anything as it is 'social housing'.

stowie

Legendary Member
L&Q are filling every square inch that isn't claimed and sticking their bloody flats everywhere. All the green space or potential greenspace in the borough is being sucked out by these people, but you are not not allowed to say anything as it is 'social housing'.

With the stadium plans WF planning have granted it with no homes for social rent and only 20% available for affordable rent when the council's stated policy is 50% affordable rent on a development. Presumably the association will paint some narrow cycle lanes next to car parking in order to prove their green credentials and it will all be business as usual.

Top Bottom